Ballistics

First:  it will be interesting to compare the ballistics, especially the head shot, to the JFK situation.  Those who have read Mortal Error will understand why.

Second:  with all the photographic and acoustic info available its surprising no one has put together detailed analysis of each shot timewise, impact etc.  Usually there's experts popping up on YouTube with such.  Have any seen good analysis?

I haven’t read the book but have read numerous others and don’t consider the theory credible.

Plenty of us are curious about it, but so far, only one shot has been attributed to a leo.  The last one. 
The shooter was probably using .223;  the leo maybe .308. 

Edited by Offthemat

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

I haven’t read the book but have read numerous others and don’t consider the theory credible.

Plenty of us are curious about it, but so far, only one shot has been attributed to a leo.  The last one. 

I haven't read/seen others referring to same theory, ballistics etc except Smoking Gun which provides more supporting data.

The .223 would be pretty similar to 5.56 at that range and nothing like 6.5 Carcano. 

2 hours ago, Offthemat said:

25 minutes ago, ionel said:

The .223 would be pretty similar to 5.56 at that range

I read the shooter used a 5.56 (juiced up .223).  I'm guessing the sniper used 7.62 round (juiced down .308) which is common these days

Edited by PortaJohn

I Don't Agree With What I Posted

3 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

I read the shooter used a 5.56 (juiced up .223).  I'm guessing the sniper used 7.62 round (juiced down .308) which is common these days

I don’t distinguish between military and civilian because they are essentially the same.

4 hours ago, ionel said:

I haven't read/seen others referring to same theory, ballistics etc except Smoking Gun which provides more supporting data.

The .223 would be pretty similar to 5.56 at that range and nothing like 6.5 Carcano. 

I’ve read a little about the accidental shot theory somewhere, but I don’t agree with the shot from behind causing the head to move backwards theory.  

34 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I don’t distinguish between military and civilian because they are essentially the same.

I’ve read a little about the accidental shot theory somewhere, but I don’t agree with the shot from behind causing the head to move backwards theory.  

That has been proven to happen & fit with physics outside of the Mortal Error book.

I might have read a little about the accidental shot theory in this book.  As I recall, there was no evidence offered to support the theory, no film of anyone reacting to the shot; no reports; never an admission; just theory.  This book is the one recommended by RFK Jr. for anyone wanting to know what happened.  I picked it up during Trump’s first term when I saw similarities between his and JFK’s predicaments.  It is very thorough. 

image.jpeg.973d7f1a8c5ac46c756cf74053501875.jpeg

16 hours ago, ionel said:

That has been proven to happen & fit with physics outside of the Mortal Error book.

I don’t doubt that it can happen, I don’t think it did in this instance. 

19 minutes ago, Offthemat said:

I might have read a little about the accidental shot theory in this book.  As I recall, there was no evidence offered to support the theory, no film of anyone reacting to the shot; no reports; never an admission; just theory.  This book is the one recommended by RFK Jr. for anyone wanting to know what happened.  I picked it up during Trump’s first term when I saw similarities between his and JFK’s predicaments.  It is very thorough. 

image.jpeg.973d7f1a8c5ac46c756cf74053501875.jpeg

I don’t doubt that it can happen, I don’t think it did in this instance. 

Heard of that one haven't read it.  Mortal Error lays out all the physics, data, facts.  It was an early analysis before most of the conspiracy.  He was ask to access the single bullet theory.  Wasn't looking new approach but the data and fact lead him to this.  You should read it.  Doesn't mean its true but I haven't seen anyone refute his analysis.