OSU coaching staff

fishbane

Some payments in May's Oklahoma State payroll appears to be to the new OSU coaches.  Not sure if this represents their standard monthly salary but I am sure someone could file a public records request and get their contracts to get to the bottom of it if so inclined.DMTaylor.thumb.png.0d6186558735f0e9429a6f60ca425014.png

TGilman.thumb.png.a18c2cc6dbf7636174db317730e2087d.pngJKennedy.thumb.png.78906e740d7c74e6fab8844e105c24c8.png

There were also payments to what appeared to the the former coaches in May.  A lot of $$$ to wrestling coaches in May 2024.

CScott.thumb.png.322e6b4d2c076a0442f61b864d639f14.png

JWSmith.thumb.png.9782086e9eee718ac0ee7fe212cf135e.png

So it looks like these are payments for a 4 week period. So doing the math, Taylor is getting about a million and his assistants are getting about north of $100k(hard to say how much over $100k to go with consideration for deductions for benefits)

So this all tells me that Taylor is the highest paid coach in wrestling, and his assistants are paid in the range for assistant coaches at the bit time programs(outside of Terry Brands).

And then there is the RTC money that might land in these coaches pockets. So we do not know how much more can be tacked onto those salaries. It could be a lot.

22 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

So it looks like these are payments for a 4 week period. So doing the math, Taylor is getting about a million and his assistants are getting about north of $100k(hard to say how much over $100k to go with consideration for deductions for benefits)

So this all tells me that Taylor is the highest paid coach in wrestling, and his assistants are paid in the range for assistant coaches at the bit time programs(outside of Terry Brands).

And then there is the RTC money that might land in these coaches pockets. So we do not know how much more can be tacked onto those salaries. It could be a lot.

So I think the amount would be their gross pay for May.  I don't think you should be adding back deductions that may be taken.  Though there maybe some fringe benefits unaccounted in their gross pay.

The greater uncertainty would be that Taylor and the new assistants were not on the payroll May 1.  If you look at the hours Taylor was paid 8 more hours than his assistants.  I guess he hired them on day 2.  Also Taylor was paid for 34 hrs less than the out going coaches, so maybe his total doesn't even represent a full month of pay either.

Also since this is the first month there could be some nonstandard payment included like a signing bonus or relocation.  I'm not sure.  It does appear that Taylor is being paid more than John Smith and he's likely the highest paid coach aside from maybe Sanderson who's pay is not subject to the same reporting requirements at PSU.  Multiplying Taylor's payment by 12 to make a full year it is over $820k.  This would be well above Tom Brands's contract which is set or pay him $700k this season.

If you take the total of the May payments to the former coaches and multiple by 12 (number of months in a year) it give almost exactly $500k for John Smith and $190 for Coleman Scott.  For Chris Perry it's $125,025 and Caldwell is $113,600.  

If I take the total May payments for the new coaches and then divide by the total May hours they were paid (160 for Taylor and 152 for the others) then multiply by the total May hours the old coaches were paid for (184) it gives a round number.  For Taylor this works out to almost exactly $950,000 for Kennedy it's $199,000 and Gilman $132,650.  In the case of Kennedy and Gilman the number represents a modest increase over Scott and Perry.  Taylor on the other hand looks to be making nearly double John Smith's salary.

CPerry.thumb.png.fce0cdf171bf197504c039a2407f0835.pngTCaldwell.thumb.png.456547c480c423e01afe48ffe016efab.png