Hofstra....Finally names HC

9 minutes ago, Hammerlock3 said:

hopefully his coaching is better than his acting.

just glad the Program is Alive...Hofstra has been on big decline recently                                                                                                           

• Bob 1

Posted (edited)
On 7/4/2024 at 4:43 PM, Cowboy08 said:

Honestly was hoping for a bigger hire than this, doubt he will be able to improve recruiting significantly from where it has been

They usually pick the best person to run their program!

Edited by GreatDane67

• 2 weeks later...

Never heard of him. I would love to know who applied.

Pritzlaff went to Columbia for goodness sake. Columbia and Hofstra are of a similar tier in wrestling and both in NY. Not sure what the Hofstra scholarship situation is and if they are fully funded, but it is more than zero at Ivy league. Obviously you can sell kids on being set up for life with a powerful alumni network if they go to Columbia, but it does feel like a hard job I heard something about Pritzlaff's daughter going to school in NY as a contributing factor to his decision to move. If Hofstra passed on Pritzlaff, their admin are not serious about wrestling.

3 minutes ago, juniorvarsity said:

Never heard of him. I would love to know who applied.

Pritzlaff went to Columbia for goodness sake. Columbia and Hofstra are of a similar tier in wrestling and both in NY. Not sure what the Hofstra scholarship situation is and if they are fully funded, but it is more than zero at Ivy league. Obviously you can sell kids on being set up for life with a powerful alumni network if they go to Columbia, but it does feel like a hard job I heard something about Pritzlaff's daughter going to school in NY as a contributing factor to his decision to move. If Hofstra passed on Pritzlaff, their admin are not serious about wrestling.

Columbia has made some serious strides over the last few years.  I went to their Cornell match either this past year, or the prior year.  I recall Cornell blowing their doors off score-wise, but there were alot of very good, very close matches in the mix.  They are definitely moving in the right direction.  I don't get the same vibe from Hofstra.

• Bob 1