Any hockey fans?

23 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

D2 program 

Florida Gulf Coast is not D2. It's a Division I school that has a club team in the ACHA. The ACHA (their version of the NCWA of sorts) has a couple divisions within their club structure. 

Insert catchy tagline here. 

4 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

Florida Gulf Coast is not D2. It's a Division I school that has a club team in the ACHA. The ACHA (their version of the NCWA of sorts) has a couple divisions within their club structure. 

So not D1. Got it. 

2 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

They don't have varsity hockey. There is no "D2" NCAA hockey to begin with. 

Since d2 and d3 combined.  Correct.  Probably the future for college wrestling too. Huh? 

Edited by JimmyBT

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

Since d2 and d3 combined.  Correct.  Probably the future for college wrestling too. Huh? 

No. Basically look at the D2 schools in two groups.

There's 19 Division II schools with varsity men's hockey programs - 13 of them play Division I.

Alaska, Alaska-Anchorage, American International, Augustana (S.D.), Bemidji State, Bentley, Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Michigan Tech, Minnesota State, Minnesota-Duluth, Northern Michigan, St. Cloud State.

The remaining six are in the Northeast-10 conference and they play pretty much D3 schedules but aren't eligible for the D3 postseason. I am almost 100% certain they don't offer athletic aid for hockey (I'm actually checking on this for confirmation) 

Assumption, Franklin Pierce, Post, Saint Michael's, Saint Anselm and Southern New Hampshire. 

The college hockey fans would like the NE-10 schools to move to Division I to create an opportunity for a new conference up there. The women's varsity programs at those same schools compete for NCAA championships - since there's a "National Collegiate" Division (commonly, but not accurately called D1). They don't play D3 schedules like their men's programs do. 

Oddly, two NE-10 schools - American International and Bentley - play D1 men's hockey.

There's also six Division III schools that play D1 men's hockey: Clarkson, Colorado College, RIT, RPI, St. Lawrence and Union. 

Tennessee State, an HBCU with the backing of the NHL's Nashville Predators, has announce its starting a Division I program in 2025-26. They will compete as a club team this coming season. 

The future for college wrestling isn't quite as similar. D2 and D3 are growing. D1 is trickling smaller. 

23 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

No. Basically look at the D2 schools in two groups.

There's 19 Division II schools with varsity men's hockey programs - 13 of them play Division I.

Alaska, Alaska-Anchorage, American International, Augustana (S.D.), Bemidji State, Bentley, Ferris State, Lake Superior State, Michigan Tech, Minnesota State, Minnesota-Duluth, Northern Michigan, St. Cloud State.

The remaining six are in the Northeast-10 conference and they play pretty much D3 schedules but aren't eligible for the D3 postseason. I am almost 100% certain they don't offer athletic aid for hockey (I'm actually checking on this for confirmation) 

Assumption, Franklin Pierce, Post, Saint Michael's, Saint Anselm and Southern New Hampshire. 

The college hockey fans would like the NE-10 schools to move to Division I to create an opportunity for a new conference up there. The women's varsity programs at those same schools compete for NCAA championships - since there's a "National Collegiate" Division (commonly, but not accurately called D1). They don't play D3 schedules like their men's programs do. 

Oddly, two NE-10 schools - American International and Bentley - play D1 men's hockey.

There's also six Division III schools that play D1 men's hockey: Clarkson, Colorado College, RIT, RPI, St. Lawrence and Union. 

Tennessee State, an HBCU with the backing of the NHL's Nashville Predators, has announce its starting a Division I program in 2025-26. They will compete as a club team this coming season. 

The future for college wrestling isn't quite as similar. D2 and D3 are growing. D1 is trickling smaller. 

You told me nothing I didn’t already know.  Where I live there are NAIA schools that play baseball. Only one level.  They regularly play the D2 NCAA schools to help fill their schedules. They are technically not d2 but everyone here calls them d2 because that’s the level they’re competitive at. Similarly there are club baseball teams in the area. They play games against the NAIA schools as well the d2 NCAA schools.  They don’t fair that well and are considered slightly below D2 baseball but probably D3 caliber.  It’s much easier just to use the d2 or d3 level to categorize them. I probably should have called FGCU hockey a d3 school since that’s the level they’re closest to but as you already stated there isn’t d2 or d3 in hockey anymore.   I used an easy term to describe their level of competition.  

1 hour ago, JimmyBT said:

You told me nothing I didn’t already know.  Where I live there are NAIA schools that play baseball. Only one level.  They regularly play the D2 NCAA schools to help fill their schedules. They are technically not d2 but everyone here calls them d2 because that’s the level they’re competitive at. Similarly there are club baseball teams in the area. They play games against the NAIA schools as well the d2 NCAA schools.  They don’t fair that well and are considered slightly below D2 baseball but probably D3 caliber.  It’s much easier just to use the d2 or d3 level to categorize them. I probably should have called FGCU hockey a d3 school since that’s the level they’re closest to but as you already stated there isn’t d2 or d3 in hockey anymore.   I used an easy term to describe their level of competition.  

You used a term that's incorrect on how they are classified. 

You said FGCU was D2. They aren't. 
You said "since D2 and D3 combined" referencing why there's no D2 men's ice hockey. That isn't correct either. I then explained the differences and what the current world of college hockey looks like. 

Your follow-up explanation of what you "already knew" isn't close to how these schools compete or classified. Their level of performance is immaterial. If everyone call NAIA schools "D2 schools" - then "everyone' is not correct. 

Categorizing a level with incorrect terms is exactly what it is - incorrect. 

You used an incorrect term to describe a level of competition that doesn't exist in NCAA hockey. Also, games against club programs or junior colleges aren't countable competition in the NAIA bylaws, so if they're playing those games, they're counted as exhibition games on their schedules. 

FCGU isn't D3 in anything. They're D1 in their varsity sports and everything else is club. That isn't D3. 

It's not hard to call them the right things and classify them per their proper organizations. For example: The ACHA D2 college hockey champion is not a D3 champion. 

Have a good weekend. 

57 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

You said "since D2 and D3 combined" referencing why there's no D2 men's ice hockey. That isn't correct either. I then explained the differences and what the current world of college hockey looks like. 

Your follow-up explanation of what you "already knew" isn't close to how these schools compete or classified. Their level of performance is immaterial. If everyone call NAIA schools "D2 schools" - then "everyone' is not correct. 

You used an incorrect term to describe a level of competition that doesn't exist in NCAA hockey. Also, games against club programs or junior colleges aren't countable competition in the NAIA bylaws, so if they're playing those games, they're counted as exhibition games on their schedules. 

FCGU isn't D3 in anything. They're D1 in their varsity sports and everything else is club. That isn't D3. 

It's not hard to call them the right things and classify them per their proper organizations. For example: The ACHA D2 college hockey champion is not a D3 champion. 

Have a good weekend. 

🥱 

1 hour ago, Jason Bryant said:

Have a good weekend. 

Btw smart guy  they’re in the Achc division 2 soooooo ya they are D2.  Oh and I always have a good weekend.  

Edited by JimmyBT

15 minutes ago, Jason Bryant said:

Yawn is right. Don't worry, I won't waste my words or goodwill to educate and inform you any further. 

Perfect.  And no worries.  Celebrities bore me.  

3 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

😂

But it said in the photo. Bahahahhahahahahahaha  you were practicing those same comprehension skills huh??????  

Edited by JimmyBT

On 6/28/2024 at 4:20 AM, WrestlingRasta said:

Was ‘D2’ in the picture your first clue?? You are practicing those comprehension skills!!! 

Sure ya did. Bahhahahahahahah. Fuc$ your memory is as bad as Bidens. 

9 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

Sure ya did. Bahhahahahahahah. Fuc$ your memory is as bad as Bidens. 

That was days ago, and you had already been made to look like an idiot on that mark, this is what you responded to yesterday…

16 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

😂

which, as you can see, says nothing about you. I thought maybe you were getting somewhere with the comprehension, I guess not. 

9 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

as bad as Bidens. 

And ….TDS right!? 😂😂

Not going well again for you, maybe you should switch gears and tell us how much you love life! 

Id tell you to have a wonderful Sunday, but we know, because you spend so much telling us, that every second of every day is just AMAZING!!  So go enjoy! 

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

That was days ago, and you had already been made to look like an idiot on that mark, this is what you responded to yesterday…

which, as you can see, says nothing about you. I thought maybe you were getting somewhere with the comprehension, I guess not. 

And ….TDS right!? 😂😂

Not going well again for you, maybe you should switch gears and tell us how much you love life! 

Id tell you to have a wonderful Sunday, but we know, because you spend so much telling us, that every second of every day is just AMAZING!!  So go enjoy! 

At lake as we speak enjoying the heck out of life.  Thank you for noticing …….  Again.  You should try it since your memory is failing fast.  Your comments  are like Bidens debate the other night.  Senseless.  

20 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

At lake as we speak enjoying the heck out of life.  Thank you for noticing …….  Again.  You should try it since your memory is failing fast.  Your comments  are like Bidens debate the other night.  Senseless.  

While you’re enjoying the heck out of your lake life with your nose buried in your phone, talking nonsense to strangers  on anonymous social media 😂……can you tell me more about TDS? 

4 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

While you’re enjoying the heck out of your lake life with your nose buried in your phone, talking nonsense to strangers  on anonymous social media 😂……can you tell me more about TDS? 

You should be an expert at that one there skippy. Btw,  Life is great for some of us. When you’re retired you can do what you want when you want.  Maybe someday you’ll get to experience the joy huh?  I wouldn’t count on it though. Someone that whines and cries to the mods like you did probably doesn’t have it in him.  👅👅👅👅. Have a fun day!!!!!  

11 hours ago, JimmyBT said:

You should be an expert at that one there skippy. Btw,  Life is great for some of us. When you’re retired you can do what you want when you want.  Maybe someday you’ll get to experience the joy huh?  I wouldn’t count on it though. Someone that whines and cries to the mods like you did probably doesn’t have it in him.  👅👅👅👅. Have a fun day!!!!!  

Still having feeling some feelings huh  😂