For this coming season: What first time starters do you think will make the most noise?

21 minutes ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

KANNON WEBSTER just beat Antrell Taylor at U20 WTT. Taylor was an All American last season at 165. Kannon is expected to go 149 next season. 

Kannon looked as big if not bigger than Taylor. 

• Bob 1

On 5/31/2024 at 1:27 PM, MPhillips said:

I believe those two have to hold the weight for another year. Then a, 'bump' and fill in with Davino and Kilkeary.

If I knew anything, I'd be rich...🤐

This is the only way in my mind to get all those guys in the lineup

1 hour ago, Gus said:

Kannon looked as big if not bigger than Taylor. 

Certainly taller. By far. But thinner as well. I think he's still growing, and I've even said he might end up at 184 for the ILLINI before he's finished. His hands are baseball gloves. I saw him rip open an orange at the Midlands, and I've never before felt sympathy for fruit. 

Posted (edited)

I'd bet Antrell Taylor and Kannon Webster are both 157 next year.  It's pretty well known that Taylor went 165 because 4x AA Peyton Robb was at 157 for Nebraska.

Edited by Konquest
  • Bob 1

Where do you think he'll fit in? Not gonna take away Vasquez spot at 141. Zeke's loyal to guys, a five year starter isn't going away. Can he beat Larkin and Ramos? It'll be interesting. I hope he's as good as everyone expects. All the hype is from beating Hardy, but then he followed it up with a lousy Pac 12 tournament. Hopefully his shoulder is fully recovered to give it a shot.

On 5/31/2024 at 8:05 PM, SunDevil said:

EmilioYsaguirre  Gonna make noise for ASU. He’s gonna have a starting spot. 

A lot of people hate on Wisconsin, but Massoma Endene is a first-time D1 starter that is going to have people talking.  He just won U23's, although that was kind of a weak weight.  But he's been training at UNI in addition to Wartburg, so I've got to imagine that he's rolling with Keckeisen, Voelker, and Gunderson, which is a great room to be in for a guy in the upper weights.

17 minutes ago, Konquest said:

A lot of people hate on Wisconsin, but Massoma Endene is a first-time D1 starter that is going to have people talking.  He just won U23's, although that was kind of a weak weight.  But he's been training at UNI in addition to Wartburg, so I've got to imagine that he's rolling with Keckeisen, Voelker, and Gunderson, which is a great room to be in for a guy in the upper weights.

A convincing win over Stemmet shows that he is at least a NQ type guy coming into the season. 

1 hour ago, Konquest said:

What's the deal with Gunderson? He was on the UNI roster as a So in 22-23, but then not on the roster last year, but still wrestled as Panther WC I think.  Just a redshirt or did he leave school?