Did Aaron Nagao lose his confidence while being in the Penn State room?

The Portal guys coming for one or two years are generally not Penn State guys. They are not the wrestlers Cael & Co recruited to fit in seamlessly. They come in and try but don't have that same vibe. Some do well but if you watch them you see they are generally not as comfortable as those recruited into the room.

No reason to turn them away but it is easy to see they are different. No reason to refuse them as these guys are generally very good.

Too bad Real Woods didn't come to Penn State rather than Iowa.  I think he would have that Title if he had.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

40 minutes ago, AgaveMaria said:

The Portal guys coming for one or two years are generally not Penn State guys. They are not the wrestlers Cael & Co recruited to fit in seamlessly. They come in and try but don't have that same vibe. Some do well but if you watch them you see they are generally not as comfortable as those recruited into the room.

No reason to turn them away but it is easy to see they are different. No reason to refuse them as these guys are generally very good.

Too bad Real Woods didn't come to Penn State rather than Iowa.  I think he would have that Title if he had.

That’s a good point I’ve wondered about myself. It seems the portal guys that come to PSU are not the same style as the HS recruits. They all seem to be stingy defensive guys that win close matches, but never open up offensively. 

It seems really odd the contrast.