How's About We Keep Upping The Stupid, Eh, Friends?

Ban Basketball

28 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

Asking me to show you bias in cherry picked news stories by you, now that's dishonest and you know it. Unfortunately for you, I did it anyway.

Cherry picked, eh?!  OK, here's an entire broadcast of my local news, once of my four sources for REPORTED news.  I don't care about what people cover and don't cover, just the FACTS of the day.

Please find me the biased reporting below (outside of the sports guy tooting the horn of the Sqwawkeyes).

https://www.kwwl.com/livestream/

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

16 hours ago, Ban Basketball said:

Cherry picked, eh?!  OK, here's an entire broadcast of my local news, once of my four sources for REPORTED news.  I don't care about what people cover and don't cover, just the FACTS of the day.

Please find me the biased reporting below (outside of the sports guy tooting the horn of the Sqwawkeyes).

https://www.kwwl.com/livestream/

The facts of the day according to whom?

I know the wheels are starting to turn in there.

2 hours ago, Nailbender said:

The facts of the day according to whom?

I know the wheels are starting to turn in there.

Don't facts just reveal themselves to us regarding news?  At the end of today, we'll have news reporters report to us the facts of the day, which will simply be revealed to them, they'll report the facts, and I'll now know them.

Sounds pretty easy to me, sir.

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

On 12/3/2022 at 11:15 AM, Ban Basketball said:

Don't facts just reveal themselves to us regarding news?  At the end of today, we'll have news reporters report to us the facts of the day, which will simply be revealed to them, they'll report the facts, and I'll now know them.

Sounds pretty easy to me, sir.

If they just "revealed themselves" you wouldn't need the news. 

Come on you can do this. I'm pulling for you.

39 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

If they just "revealed themselves" you wouldn't need the news. 

Come on you can do this. I'm pulling for you.

Ever find the bias in that full newscast that I offered to you,  Columbio?

Facts don't reveal themselves,  eh?  Can you tell me what the news will bring me tomorrow?

28 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

Ever find the bias in that full newscast that I offered to you,  Columbio?

Facts don't reveal themselves,  eh?  Can you tell me what the news will bring me tomorrow?

I didn't find the bias in your links because I didn't watch them. I don't need homework. I have a hard time just trying to suffer through your posts.

Look, I've been trying to get you to figure this out yourself but you can't or won't, so I'll spell it out and then I'm done. 

The news is a business. It's there to make money, not help you out. Sometimes that money even comes from pushing an agenda. The news is going to show you what makes money or fits it's world view. Somebody is making the decisions about what to show and how to show it. That somebody is not a pillar of virtue, they're a fallible human being with bias shaped by their life experiences. Just like you and me.

I'm sure we'll talk again, because I hate myself but not in this thread. Have a good evening.

8 minutes ago, Nailbender said:

I didn't find the bias in your links because I didn't watch them. I don't need homework. I have a hard time just trying to suffer through your posts.

Look, I've been trying to get you to figure this out yourself but you can't or won't, so I'll spell it out and then I'm done. 

The news is a business. It's there to make money, not help you out. Sometimes that money even comes from pushing an agenda. The news is going to show you what makes money or fits it's world view. Somebody is making the decisions about what to show and how to show it. That somebody is not a pillar of virtue, they're a fallible human being with bias shaped by their life experiences. Just like you and me.

I'm sure we'll talk again, because I hate myself but not in this thread. Have a good evening.

Ah, ok. 

So,  you repeatedly said that there is no such thing as unbiased news,  and then proceed to demand an example. I provide two,  then use all of your own words against you,  and you don't watch the news clips. 

Of course you didn't.  Of course you didn't...

"The kind of news you describe doesn't exist...I never said all news is biased. "- Nailbiter.

Edited by Ban Basketball
  • Fire 1

On 12/2/2022 at 11:19 AM, jross said:

I'm incredibly grateful for PV and its findings, regardless of their deceptive methods in achieving it.

This is what I'm talking about.  Asinine is the appropriate word for this example where PV is claimed to be deceptively editing... but in what context is this appropriate for 14-17-year-old students to have this optional educational 'opportunity?'  Note that one's SxOrient. is irrelevant.  The dean's words are his words.

Last week – at an industry conference – one of our employees was targeted by a member of Project Veritas and misled to believe he was conversing with another conference attendee over a coffee. He was filmed without his knowledge or permission while describing one example of our inclusive, LGBTQ+ affirming, and comprehensive approach to sex education. Veritas deceptively edited the video with malicious intent. 

Parker administrators and Parker’s Board of Trustees support Parker’s programming, the strength and inclusivity of our curriculum, and the dedicated and talented faculty and staff that teach it.

Edited by jross