Young Voters

Husker_Du

7 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Ok.  If reading a book is beyond your attention span, here is a relatively short article which addresses the state of scientific literacy in the US, which I would assume is the result of our government controlled education system that you are touting.  If reading this entire article is still too much, just read the first sentence in "Key Takeaways".  I hope that's not too much.

https://flip.it/K9rBXp

I'm not talking about science literacy.  

This all began when I showed you, through school testing, that student test scores have been rising since the 1970's.  That's a different matter than literacy, which, I would agree, is a problem for many.

Should I go to Ron Give Me The Infrastructure Funds Paul to diagnose and treat an infectious disease?  If not, why not?

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!

2 minutes ago, Ban Basketball said:

I'm not talking about science literacy.  

This all began when I showed you, through school testing, that student test scores have been rising since the 1970's.  That's a different matter than literacy, which, I would agree, is a problem for many.

Should I go to Ron Give Me The Infrastructure Funds Paul to diagnose and treat an infectious disease?  If not, why not?

Now I'm confused.  So, you are agreeing that the testing you hold near and dear indicates only the ability to regurgitate stuff learned specifically for the tests, not a deeper understanding which could actually be useful?

Maybe you read past the first line and get back to me.

11 minutes ago, BerniePragle said:

Now I'm confused.  So, you are agreeing that the testing you hold near and dear indicates only the ability to regurgitate stuff learned specifically for the tests, not a deeper understanding which could actually be useful?

Maybe you read past the first line and get back to me.

You're the one who dismisses data (data, schmata, remember?).

All is know is this:  student test scores HAVE been increasing for over 50 years, like it or lump it.  Outside of that, I'll pursue none of your other nonsense none.  Data schmata, and now you suddenly want to talk about the importance of science.  LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I deal with enough foolishness to engage any more of it, sir.

Edited by Ban Basketball

Owner of over two decades of the most dangerous words on the internet!  In fact, during the short life of this forum, me's culture has been cancelled three times on this very site!