My daughter wrestles!!

My name is Mikaela and my daughter Madison wrestles! I live in a neighborhood with a lot of preteens, mostly boys. My daughter is one if three girls in the neighborhood. They are all friends and like to hang out in my backyard. Its large and has a swiming pool. As boys often do, they wrestle. I would often hear the kids cheering on the combatants and I would sometimes watch from the porch. Today was no different. I went out to the porch and saw my daughter Maddie wrestling an older, bigger boy (name witheld)!! I had to get a closer look so I headed down to the circle of kids. Maddie was a girly-girl so I was surprised she was holding her own! It was a long fight and I found myself cheering Maddie on. As they were twisted in a knot, she got on top and pinned him!! She humiliated him and he stormed off. Later at dinner Maddie admitted that she has fought and taken all but one boy and she is going to challenge him. I don't want to miss that fight! Maddie wants to wrestle in high school but she has one more year in middle school. Im trying to find a league or something in the meantime. Go Maddie🤼‍♀️!!!

Mikaela in Nebraska

• Bob 1
  • Fire 1
  • Wrestle 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/27/2024 at 8:28 PM, Wrestlingmum said:

My name is Mikaela and my daughter Madison wrestles! I live in a neighborhood with a lot of preteens, mostly boys. My daughter is one if three girls in the neighborhood. They are all friends and like to hang out in my backyard. Its large and has a swiming pool. As boys often do, they wrestle. I would often hear the kids cheering on the combatants and I would sometimes watch from the porch. Today was no different. I went out to the porch and saw my daughter Maddie wrestling an older, bigger boy (name witheld)!! I had to get a closer look so I headed down to the circle of kids. Maddie was a girly-girl so I was surprised she was holding her own! It was a long fight and I found myself cheering Maddie on. As they were twisted in a knot, she got on top and pinned him!! She humiliated him and he stormed off. Later at dinner Maddie admitted that she has fought and taken all but one boy and she is going to challenge him. I don't want to miss that fight! Maddie wants to wrestle in high school but she has one more year in middle school. Im trying to find a league or something in the meantime. Go Maddie🤼‍♀️!!!

Mikaela in Nebraska

That's great that she's interested. 

Maybe take less joy in him being "humiliated," and "storming off," and more in her just...enjoying possibly getting into the sport with other Wrestlers. Look for clubs in the area. There's a lot of girls wrestling. It's kinda exploding at the moment.