Very interesting news….

Hmmmm...that is interesting.  I guess I don't have a problem with a private donor asking the money to be spent a certain way and paying for medical school for some isn't in of itself "bad".  Also, can applaud trying to give opportunities for those that may not have the financial means to go to school; however, and it is a BIG however, I do have a problem if the standards to get into medical school and to earn a medical degree are lowered.  Not saying the article said that, but just making a comment in relation to the article.  And not trying to hijack your thread Rasta.

17 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

and it is a BIG however, I do have a problem if the standards to get into medical school and to earn a medical degree are lowered.  Not saying the article said that, but just making a comment in relation to the article.  And not trying to hijack your thread Rasta.

Why wonder if you have an aspect of a good thing to have a problem with, when you can take just a short period of time and look into seeing if there's something for you to have a problem with?  A quick glance at the John Hopkins shows that the eligibility for this award remains the same as the eligibility for any scholarship to the medical program...

2 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Why wonder if you have an aspect of a good thing to have a problem with, when you can take just a short period of time and look into seeing if there's something for you to have a problem with?  A quick glance at the John Hopkins shows that the eligibility for this award remains the same as the eligibility for any scholarship to the medical program...

That is great that the standards haven't been lowered.  Sorry I didn't do in-depth research into the John Hopkins admission and graduation standards before posting.  I was stating an opinion like I assume you were looking for...my bad for assuming.

By the way I wasn't just talking about John Hopkins...I was talking about the lowering of standards over-all as that seems to be happening more and more lately...and not just in the medical field.

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Bigbrog said:

That is great that the standards haven't been lowered.  Sorry I didn't do in-depth research into the John Hopkins admission and graduation standards before posting.  I was stating an opinion like I assume you were looking for...my bad for assuming.

By the way I wasn't just talking about John Hopkins...I was talking about the lowering of standards over-all as that seems to be happening more and more lately...and not just in the medical field.

To be fair, I typed “John Hopkins’s eligibility billion donation” and got the answer in the first page. Thats less words than it took for you to type out your hypothetical issue with the situation.   Not exactly in depth research, just a minimal amount of effort to answer your question, instead of first reaction to be to find a problem with a situation I don’t even know if exists.  

just sayin….

Edited by WrestlingRasta

17 hours ago, WrestlingRasta said:

To be fair, I typed “John Hopkins’s eligibility billion donation” and got the answer in the first page. Thats less words than it took for you to type out your hypothetical issue with the situation.   Not exactly in depth research, just a minimal amount of effort to answer your question, instead of first reaction to be to find a problem with a situation I don’t even know if exists.  

just sayin….

Yep...and took you just as much time to type out your hypothetical issue with my post.

just sayin....

7 minutes ago, WrestlingRasta said:

Just messin with ya. 
But I am curuous….my hypothetical?

I took/take it as lighthearted jabs.  Just trying to give it back to you about you taking "issue" with the "issue" I infused into the conversation when responding to the John Hopkins tuition article.