Changes in Madison

16 hours ago, BuckyBadger said:

Unfortunately, this is true. And Bono was just given a 5 year extension. The future is pretty bleak for now.

He was given a one-year extension on his current 4-year deal, this is standard proactive for all UW coaches.

Sad part is AD Chris McIntosh was a State Champ in Wisconsin, you would hope he would want a competitive team year in year out. 

UW is an embarrassment, arguably the best Sr. class to even come out of Wisconsin and Bozo lands, let me count really quick, none of them. One ranked wrestler (Zargo) going into this season, I wouldn't be shocked to see them take dead last in the conference this year, might even finish behind USC, UCLA, Oregon & Washington 🙂 

What I have an hard time understanding about the Bono situation is how it got to this point. I mean I understand that it comes down to recruiting and relationships in WI, but if you look at his history he did pretty well before he got to Madison.

He had a track record of success at SDSU. I think most people would agree that he did a really good job with that program. It’s not like he came  to UW with the reputation and track record he has now. When he was hired I thought he would be able to bring UW up a notch or two.

But for whatever reason he has effectively been blacklisted by top in-state recruits. I’ve read all the stories on here about him and Askren, so I get it. But at the same time it seemed like UW got a pretty decent guy to lead the program at the time. I guess sometimes certain people and places, or differences in culture or whatever can be a really bad fit.