• Shapiro
    • Scott
    • Downey
    • Cardenas
    • Kellar
    • Robb
    • Someone Else

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 03/21/2024 at 03:50 PM

9 minutes ago, Pinnacle said:

They are making Haines go thru Lewan again. 

Really hoping that doesn't happen. Think it'll be tough though for Lewan to make it through Saldate and Robb.

3 hours ago, Dark Energy said:

Hoping Shapiro / Haines happens.  I wonder if Haines is too fundamentally sound to succumb to Shapiro’s wizardry.   Also hope Shapiro is and stays healthy so that this happens.

Shapiro-Chittum on the first day should be good, too. Didn't one duck the other during the season? Finally, the duck gods make things right!

• Fire 1

No matter how this shakes out, let us celebrate that Peyton Robb is alive, healthy, and thriving.  ESPN story yesterday about his ordeal was insane.  The kid dodged a bullet of epic proportions.  Besides that, this is one heck of an entertaining weight class.

• Bob 4
  • Fire 1

53 minutes ago, RegularStalling said:

Haines. Imo the only one capable of going on a heater and taking him out is Jacori. That said, Jacori taking the infamous “semi slide” is the much more likely outcome.

How do you see a potential Teemer-Shapiro match playing out in the semis? Idk if Teemer has the gas tank for Shapiro or Haines. Esp a totally fueled-up Saturday night Haines. 

Haines-Andonian in the quarters might be kind of fun, if it happens.

EDIT: Just looked it up, Haines and Andonian would actually run into each other in the semis

Edited by CHROMEBIRD
  • Bob 1

2 hours ago, CHROMEBIRD said:

How do you see a potential Teemer-Shapiro match playing out in the semis? Idk if Teemer has the gas tank for Shapiro or Haines. Esp a totally fueled-up Saturday night Haines. 

Haines-Andonian in the quarters might be kind of fun, if it happens.

EDIT: Just looked it up, Haines and Andonian would actually run into each other in the semis

It’s hard to judge with Jacori. With elite level competition, he usually puts together 2-3 explosive flurries in the first two minutes that dictate the entire match. If they are stymied, you legitimately could see him get majored by the likes of Shapiro/Haines. If he connects on a couple early all bets are off. Despite his gas tank issues, he’s a really hard guy to wrestle from behind, because if you push pace north to south he goes from 0-60 quicker than anybody in the tournament. 

Edited by RegularStalling
  • Bob 1

On 3/13/2024 at 9:45 PM, Pinnacle said:

They are making Haines go thru Lewan again. 

My hot take of the tournament is Haines doesn’t make the finals.

Round 2: Mauller or Travis

Quarters: Lewan/Saldate/Robb

Semis: Scott/Downey/Andonian/Blockhus

I know 157 is stacked but that’s a tough path, I could see him losing one of those.

• Bob 1

4 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

My hot take of the tournament is Haines doesn’t make the finals.

Round 2: Mauller or Travis

Quarters: Lewan/Saldate/Robb

Semis: Scott/Downey/Andonian/Blockhus

I know 157 is stacked but that’s a tough path, I could see him losing one of those.

Yeah, those guys are all tough.  But that's a national championship tournament, hehe. 

13 minutes ago, NM1965 said:

Yeah, those guys are all tough.  But that's a national championship tournament, hehe. 

Mauller: 3x AA

Lewan: 2x AA

Robb: 2x AA

Andonian: 2x AA

Scott: AA

Blockhus: AA

That’s a lot of AA finishes on a top side of a bracket not counting the 1 seed

• Bob 1