Nash Hutmacher National Qualifier

There is a lot to unpack after a big weekend of conference championships.  One effort that deserves some attention is Nash qualifying for the national tournament after three years off from the sport.  In the current era of sport specialization, this is a tougher feat as compared to Heavyweight football players of a couple generations ago.

• Bob 1
  • Fire 2

Craig Henning got screwed in the 2007 NCAA Finals.

BEG wrestling, the kings of butchering names, pronounced his last name “Hot Mocker”. After he got beat in his first match, Zach kind of mumbled “more like a ‘Cold Mocker to me…’”. I cannot shake that from my memory. Makes me laugh half a dozen times a day. 

I am completely aware it isn’t THAT funny. I just can’t shake it. It’s an intrusive thought at this point. I have no idea how to really pronounce his name. He’s just Hot Mocker. Seems like an ok kid. I wish him well. 

30 minutes ago, JuanMogen said:

BEG wrestling, the kings of butchering names, pronounced his last name “Hot Mocker”. After he got beat in his first match, Zach kind of mumbled “more like a ‘Cold Mocker to me…’”. I cannot shake that from my memory. Makes me laugh half a dozen times a day. 

I am completely aware it isn’t THAT funny. I just can’t shake it. It’s an intrusive thought at this point. I have no idea how to really pronounce his name. He’s just Hot Mocker. Seems like an ok kid. I wish him well. 

It is pronounced hut maker

6 hours ago, jchapman said:

There is a lot to unpack after a big weekend of conference championships.  One effort that deserves some attention is Nash qualifying for the national tournament after three years off from the sport.  In the current era of sport specialization, this is a tougher feat as compared to Heavyweight football players of a couple generations ago.

Agree...Much better post than the criticism he was taking a few weeks ago that brought up that his high school competition must have been really bad. 

• Fire 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐