Advice needed regarding penetration steps

Hi guys, I'm a 29 old dude and a pretty late starter in wrestling, I've been only doing it for a few months. In my country it is a club based sport, it's not a school sport like in the US, and we can compete later throughout life cause it's not related to high school or college. Now, a friend of mine that's a really amazing wrestler, goes to the same club and he told me that even though I follow the procedure regarding shots (small step, level change, heel - toe - knee, fishtail and drive across), I still look stiff and lack explosiveness. He said I need to get more loose and I'm confused by what he means by it. I like to make better progress, and my knees don't hurt cause I do the necessary level change, but could it be that I'm too aware that my knee is gonna hit the mat, so I brace for impact? I'm asking all of you more experienced wrestlers, how to deal with this and maybe list a few exercises I can do to get more "loose". Or I should just spam like a 100 penetrations steps at the end of each practice and hope for the best? Thank you in advance! 

• 4 weeks later...

Dude, what country do you live in and when can people come visit?

Your legs will take a little while to get used to it, it will be a matter of weeks as the skin on your knees gets used to the mat.  Your feet and ankles will also need time to learn the rhythm of the shot, when to relax and when to tense up.  

Keep in mind that any shot you see college wrestlers taking, even high school wrestlers, has been hit ~10,000 to 20,000 times by that wrestler over the course of years.  Figure between drills, warmups, etc they are getting in a hundred or more shots a practice, which all gets engrained.  

The american style of shooting is a bit different, every country seems to have a good deal of its own technique.  If you are getting into club and you can do this as long as you like, go do whatever is necessarily to imitate the saitievs.  They are still the gold standard across time of technique and gentle savagery taking the shape of a young tree blowing in the wind. 

• Fire 1