Solid midlands for the mountaineers

Antitroll2828

I gave them props as an up and coming team a few ago in the program on the rise thread and after a pretty good midlands Tim Flynn and co made me look good 

even with one of their tops guys Strickenberger going 0-2 WVU showed why they have a good future , 141 Jordan Titus was dominate throughout including Teching AA Composto in the finals 

149 true freshman Ty Watters made the finals as the 7 seed with 3 pins, a major and a Dec over Webster before running into a red hot Whalen in the finals , 

165 Peyton Hall got back on track after an uneven start to the season by bonusing his way to the finals including a 1st period pin over Fish , hall got worked by hamiti in the finals but that’s always gonna be a top match up for hall 

174 - freshman Brody Conley went 6-2 with 4 bonus wins and a mff to place 5th 

pretty good weekend from the young guys , all 5 mentioned will be back next year and will be joined by another strong recruiting class 

• Fire 4

3 hours ago, cangemi said:

Funny, I was thinking the same. I figured eventually it would come with Flynn.

Expect more . Titus looking good as sophomore

Frank C

Absolutely Titus has definitely jumped a level this season , and Watters has been really impressive for a true freshman and his bonus rate is 67 percent .. for years people said WVU had a lot of potential because how close it is to PA and it finally feels like Flynn has established that pipeline with Watters and Lawrence coming in next season and few other guys they’ve locked down , feeling pretty good about them moving forward 

Definitely agree Titus is having a monster start to the season.  He seems to have level-jumped.  Undefeated I think?  

Watters and Conley are solid too.  High level recruits.

I wonder about the depth of WVU's coaching staff though, especially in the upper weights. 

Flynn is awesome but pushing 60 so he needs a strong team of assistants.  Moore has been with Flynn a long time, but he's getting up there too. Who else besides him and Port is rolling around with these guys on a day to day basis?  Moore/Port were both '33/'41, around Titus/Watters' weight -- so that's great for them -- but not so sure about everyone else.  

Budget's always an issue, but WVU's in a pretty big wrestling area.  Would be cool to see them built out their infrastructure a bit more.