Mizzou/Air Force

MizzouFan01

5 hours ago, Crotalus said:
5 hours ago, PortaJohn said:
Can any Mizzou fans honestly tell me who has better bbq KC or SL?

Ummmm..... this is not a legitimate question.

They have BBQ in Columbia? 😂 For me it will always be Shakespeare’s or Gumbys when I visit. But I will always choose Imos, Steak n Shake or White Castle over everything . 

11 hours ago, TylerDurden said:

I lived in St. Louis for a few years a little more than a decade ago.

The only people calling it "The Lou" or any version of that were the people in charge of trying to attract tourists (or their PR firms anyway). I'm sure they thought it was catchy. I thought it was stupid, because the Lou (loo) isn't an appealing thing for most people. The crappy town jokes ensued. 

:54

They have BBQ in Columbia? For me it will always be Shakespeare’s or Gumbys when I visit. But I will always choose Imos, Steak n Shake or White Castle over everything . 
BBQ, No. Shakespeare's is great. Gumby's is only acceptable at 2am. Imo's....gross. Steak n Shake is ok, but never eat there. White Castle, never.

St. Louis...the only legitimate BBQ joints (IMO) are Bogarts and Sugar Fire.  KC is far superior with Q39, SLAP's, LC's, Jack Stack, etc. And this is coming from someone who grew up and lived in STL for 25 years and has lived in KC for the past 5.

The only person that calls it the Lou is Nelly  🙂

Pizza?  STL pizza is an acquired taste with provel cheese, but I think they are far superior to KC...STL has Pirrone's, Stefanina's, Imo's, Cecil Whitakers....KC doesn't have anything really (maybe Minsky's and Waldo, but waldo is STL style pizza).

14 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

St Louis style spareribs is a cut you can get. Square cut with the brisket removed most of the time. KC leaves the brisket on. Spent most of my life on the STL side growing up. Visited KC a lot while stationed in Leavenworth. To be honest, both are just decent. I have lived in Texas since 2003. Neither come close to Texas BBQ. 

St. Louis Style Spare Ribs are pork, not beef (brisket is beef).  What I think you mean is that STL style ribs have the skirt and rib tips cut off, where the spare ribs aren't trimmed at all.

I say this all in a joking manner, so don't take it bad, but...I wouldn't take advice on TX BBQ vs. KC BBQ from someone who says there's brisket on ribs 😛

TX BBQ is good, and there are some places that are REALLY good (brisket only), but KC BBQ overall is far superior.  But it's all what you like...really smoky, salt and pepper?  Texas.  Sweet and Spicy with just the right amount of smoke, and more flavor than salt and pepper? Kansas City.

• Fire 2

2 hours ago, The_KC_Godfather said:

St. Louis Style Spare Ribs are pork, not beef (brisket is beef).  What I think you mean is that STL style ribs have the skirt and rib tips cut off, where the spare ribs aren't trimmed at all.

I say this all in a joking manner, so don't take it bad, but...I wouldn't take advice on TX BBQ vs. KC BBQ from someone who says there's brisket on ribs 😛

TX BBQ is good, and there are some places that are REALLY good (brisket only), but KC BBQ overall is far superior.  But it's all what you like...really smoky, salt and pepper?  Texas.  Sweet and Spicy with just the right amount of smoke, and more flavor than salt and pepper? Kansas City.

Fair enough lol. Although I’ve eaten plenty of BBQ from all over, I’m more of a Seafood person. 

• Fire 1