Mizzou+AWA

MizzouFan01

5 hours ago, killdozer said:

The other AWA kid I hope Mizzou gets (besides Wolbert) is Ben Bast. He might be the answer at 125/133 lbs. I could see him and Mack Mauger battling it out. 

I imagine Mauger will be a career 125.  He’s tiny, will definitely need a year or two to fill into that weight.  Bast is long and lanky, I see him 141/149 in time.  Hopefully Mizzou can fill 133/141 in a few years with another kid from out west 😉

• Fire 3

2 hours ago, Fudge Tunnel said:

I imagine Mauger will be a career 125.  He’s tiny, will definitely need a year or two to fill into that weight.  Bast is long and lanky, I see him 141/149 in time.  Hopefully Mizzou can fill 133/141 in a few years with another kid from out west 😉

Enlighten me on who that could be. 

4 hours ago, MizzouFan01 said:

If Mizzou somehow got both Wyatt and Wolbert, I would be over the moon. To me those two look like the next can’t miss guys from AWA. Obviously I’m excited to see where Aeoden and Whitting fit in the lineup. I need to research bast like I had to after Fudge talked about Wolbert. I was unaware Messingbrinks dad was from MO. The 2024 class, I would think would be a smaller one. Only Mack and Aeoden I believe. 

Mizzou seems to alternate years for recruiting.  Last year a bunch, this year a couple.  That cycle seems to repeat.

51 minutes ago, Wrestej said:

Mizzou seems to alternate years for recruiting.  Last year a bunch, this year a couple.  That cycle seems to repeat.

Last years class, no offense to any of the wrestlers, seems more of a room guys class. Maybe McCalister breaks the lineup at some point, maybe not. Your observation seems correct. Depth class followed by target recruits that most likely hit the lineup with a year or two. Covid sure did make things complicated for everyone. 

• Fire 1

• 2 weeks later...