As a Penn State fan I can't help but feel disappointed

Yes, Penn State won the team title by 100 points and crowned 4 champs, including two 4x champs in Starocci and Brooks.  It was the largest margin of victory and the highest team score ever.  We should feel jubilant.

However, I can't help but feel disappointed for a few reasons:

1. #1 Braeden Davis going 2-2. Yes, he lost to the eventual champ in Richie Figs, but I had high hopes for the youngest to AA.
  2. #10 Aaron Nagao going 3-2 and missing AA.  Not sure whether he was sick, injured or regressed but he went from 5th place last year to losing in the blood round.
  3. #6 Bernie Truax not finishing 4th again -- he got 5th.
  4. Beau Bartlett actually was the aggressor in the finals and was on a great shot.  He was fully behind Mendez with arms locked around him and somehow this turned into a winning TD for Mendez.  Just incredible effort by Mendez and he deserved the win....but sour taste for Beau to go out like this.  To his credit he was smiling and showing incredible sportsmanship even after the heartbreaking loss.  Does he come back to try to reach the top of the mountain?
  5. Mesenbrink somehow did not know he was down in the 3rd period.  It would have been lame for him to win via stalling but he shut it down in the last 30 seconds thinking it was going to overtime.  Would he have gotten a winning TD?  Maybe, maybe not.  But this is the biggest disappointment that he basically stopped wrestling in the last 30 seconds thinking the match was going to OT.

4/6 champs isn't bad but it really could have been a 5/6 or even 6/6 finals night.  I hope Bartlett and Starocci come back and Davis and Kasak redshirt next year.  Luke Lilledahl steps in and a healthy SVN returns.