Competitive Pool/Confidence Ranking Game

jmoney

Is anyone interested in doing a pool and or confidence ranking for the tourney? I think some weight classes like 125/133/157/165/197 look fun. Here are some ideas we could do for free, $5 or $10 entries per bracket. Tell me which idea # you like, if any and value you'd want to play for.

Idea 1- Fill out the bracket for one weight class. On the championship bracket get points equal to wrestler's seed for every correct match advancement. On consolation bracket get points equal to half of wrestler's seed for every correct match advancement. This could also be done using growing points more traditionally per round ignoring seeds. Bracket completion has flaws given all the possibilities and misplaced losses/shifts between championship and consolation bracket though.

Idea 2- Choose 5 to 10 wrestlers for one weight, assign them confidence rating. For 8 wrestlers assign 8 (most valuable) to 1 (least). Multiply the confidence rating by a point value per place, for example :

Finish          Point Value

Round 12:  1 point

8th place   2 points

7th             3

6th            4

5th            5

4th            8

3rd           10

2nd          12

1st            16

We can choose # of wrestlers and point values. For example, if I assigned Hidlay an 8 confidence score and he placed 2nd I would get 96 points, 8*12

Idea 3- choose a bundle of 6 to 8 wrestlers for one weight class where their seeds must add up above some number. Like 6 wrestlers the seeds must add up above 28, for instance. Scoring similar to idea 2 except without the confidence multipliers

Let me know what you guys think.

Edited by jmoney

• jmoney changed the title to Competitive Pool/Confidence Ranking Game