Assistant Coach, Men’s Wrestling (Athletics Coach 1 – MR06)
UTC Intercollegiate Athletics
University of Tennessee, Chattanooga
The Assistant Coach, Men’s Wrestling assists the head coach in all facets of the Wrestling program including but not limited to competitive performance, student-athlete development, student-athlete safety, health & well-being, academics, compliance, recruiting, program development, fundraising, team travel, camps/clinics, game day management, alumni relations, and community engagement.
· Assists in sport management by organizing, preparing, and conducting team practices, training, and competition
· Works with wrestling student-athletes in weight classes assigned by head coach
· Assists head coach with communication between department staff members (i.e. strength and conditioning, academic advising, sports medicine, equipment & facilities, marketing & promotions, sports information, and MocsVision)
· Assists head coach with daily communications with student-athletes
· Assists head coach with donor relations
· Assists head coach with community service and community engagement
· Assists head coach with camps and clinics
· Assists with maintaining compliance forms and/or logs
· Performs recruitment of wrestling student-athletes including but not limited to identification of prospective student-athletes (PSA), correspondence with PSAs throughout the year (emails, mailings, phone calls), PSA evaluations, PSA contacts, official visits, unofficial visits, recruiting services, admissions procedures, and all applicable compliance recruiting forms and/or logs
The ideal candidate will possess the following:
· Knowledge of intercollegiate wrestling
· Knowledge of the NCAA compliance rules, especially recruiting
· Ability to travel extensively
· Ability to deliver the same and consistent messages as the head coach about techniques, drills, plays, and attitude goals
· Knowledge of ARMS software
Review of applications will begin August 10, 2023 and will continue until the position is filled. Applications received by this date will receive priority consideration.
For full consideration please include an attached cover letter and resume in addition to the online application.
Minimum Qualifications: Typically requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field and two years of wrestling coaching experience, or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience. A valid driver’s license is required.
Preferred Qualifications: Intercollegiate wrestling and coaching experience, Division 1 coaching experience, and recruiting experience are preferred.