InterMat Job Board
Cleary University - Graduate Assistant
Contact Coach Santos: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Graduate Assistant will serve as an assistant coach with the designated Cleary University athletic team as well as take on additional duties within the designated sport’s office and the Athletic Department, including, but not limited to: assisting with the recruiting, the management of academic success programs, game day operations, scheduling of practices and conditioning, as well as participating and managing fundraising efforts and coaching assignments during practices and games.
1. Responsible for assisting in the planning, directing, and evaluating all aspects and facets of a successful program at the NAIA level.
2. Assist in the creation and distribution of practice plans.
3. Will serve as an assistant coach during practices and games, primarily for the Cleary varsity program, but also the Junior Varsity program when needed.
4. Managing the recruiting database, following up with admissions and financial aid regularly on top prospects, arranging individual visits, being the primary person during campus-wide Visit Days and following up with incoming students in regard to any needed documentation, including Sports Medicine forms, registration, housing, and NAIA Eligibility Center.
5. Manage class schedules each semester and conduct weekly study tables throughout the semester.
6. Will be the point person, as needed, on home game days for visiting teams.
7. Providing support to all coaches when necessary.
8. Oversee administrative processes and procedures as assigned.
9. Serve as a leader, mentor, and role-model to the student-athletes of the athletic department.
10. Contribute to maintaining the Athletic Department website and social media platforms, along with marketing of the Cleary University Athletic Department.
11. Graduate Assistant duties will be split up between the designated sport (75%) and the athletics department (25%).
12. Any other duties assigned by the Athletic Administration.
1. Bachelor’s degree required and be accepted into the Cleary University graduate program.
2. Candidate must be enrolled in at least one graduate class per session (three credits) and remain in good academic standing (3.0 or higher GPA).
3. The Graduate Assistant will receive a 50% graduate tuition scholarship provided the above standard and requirements are met.
4. Previous experience as a student-athlete or employment within a collegiate athletic department.
5. Ability to frequently work weekends and nights.
6. Strong organizational skills with an ability to effectively multi-task are essential.
7. Excellent oral and written communication skills, computer literacy and strong interpersonal skills to work with various college constituencies.
8. The ability to work a flexible and irregular schedule.
9. Works well as a team member or independently.
10. Excels in prioritizing multiple tasks with attention to detail, problem solving and follow-through to consistently meet expectations and deadlines.
11. Ability to work with students and diverse constituencies.
12. A positive attitude and an understanding of the importance of being open-minded and flexible.
13. Travel is necessary with a valid driver’s license required.
14. Ability to successfully pass a background check also required.