InterMat Job Board
Assistant Wrestling Coach
Assistant Wrestling Coach
Job No: 497126
Position Type: full-time
Location: Lewisburg, PA
Categories: Athletics & Recreation
Bucknell Athletics is seeking an Assistant Wrestling Coach, responsible for on-mat coaching and recruitment of academically-qualified student athletes for a NCAA Division I wrestling program, within the guidelines, rules and regulations of Bucknell University, the NCAA, and the Conference.
All Athletics staff members are expected to contribute to Bucknell's commitment to diversity and inclusion.
1. Lead training and practice sessions, ensuring that all appropriate safety guidelines and standards are maintained. Perform specific coaching responsibilities during athletic events. Attend coaches' preparatory meetings and implement strategies resulting from these meetings.
2. Assigned responsibilities within the daily operations and the overall administration of the sports program.
3. Develop a comprehensive and functional knowledge of the sport and maintain a thorough and continuing familiarity with all applicable University and NCAA regulations.
4. Scout and recruit quality student-athletes under the guidance and direction of the head coach and coordinate all recruiting activities with the head coach and with appropriate Departmental personnel. Be responsible to identify, cultivate and assess for a specific geographical area or position group.
5. Serve as an Academic Enhancement staff member responsible for all facets of the sport-specific academic program, including the monitoring of individual student-athletes academic progress as expressed by the faculty. Demonstrate an active interest in the academic progress of student-athletes. Work closely with all appropriate Departmental personnel to assure academic success of student-athletes.
6. Work with student-athletes to monitor adherence to rules and regulations regarding conduct, appearance and behavior. Provide individual counseling to student-athletes when appropriate and direct the student-athlete to professional staff when needed.
7. Work closely with the athletic training staff to insure the safety of all student-athletes.
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
9. Represents the sports program to various institutional programs and externally to the media, funding agencies, students, parents, faculty and the general public.
-Collegiate playing or coaching experience
-Strong communication (verbal and written) and interpersonal skills combined with the ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues and student-athletes having a range of backgrounds, interests, and perspectives
-Obtain and maintain current CPR and First Aid Certifications
1. Work involves considerable exposure to unusual elements, such as extreme temperatures, dirt, dust, fumes, smoke, unpleasant odors, and/or loud noises.
2. Moderate physical activity. Requires handling of average-weight objects up to 25 pounds. Requires standing and/or walking for more than four (4) hours per day.
This is a full-time, 10-month, exempt, benefits eligible position.
To apply, visit https://apptrkr.com/3326958
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.