InterMat Job Board
Head Women’s Wrestling Coach
Function of Position:
Responsible for leadership and oversight of all coaching duties for the women’s wrestling team. May include teaching in the Health/Physical Education department if qualified, or an additional second administrative or coaching assignment. Reports to Director of Athletics with operational oversight from Director of Wrestling.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Recruit student athletes in accordance with NCAA rules and regulations.
2. Organize, prepare, and conduct individual and team practices, training and competition.
3. Coordinate all strategic aspects, including film analysis and scouting.
4. Represent women’s wrestling program to various institutional programs and externally to media, students, parents, and the general public.
5. Provide student athlete academic support.
6. Other related duties as assigned.
Employee is responsible for determining own work assignments referring to policies and general objectives for guidance. Employee independently devises new methods to meet conditions and confers with supervisor regarding unusual matters.
Requires Bachelor’s degree, minimum of three years of collegiate coaching or related experience, and a commitment to the welfare and development of student athletes within the philosophy of Division III. Must demonstrate excellent leadership, role-modeling, organizational and interpersonal skills; and effective teaching methods. Prefer Master’s degree.
Send letter of interest, including a statement regarding qualities you offer within the context of the Wartburg College mission, résumé, and contact information for three references electronically to: email@example.com. See www.wartburg.edu for further information about the college. Screening begins immediately and continues until position is filled.