InterMat Job Board
Graduate Assistant - Men's Wrestling
Bellarmine University is a dynamic, growing university with a strong liberal arts focus in the Catholic higher education tradition and a bold vision for the future. Bellarmine has undergraduate and graduate enrollment of nearly 3,500 students and continues to add new academic programs while maintaining small class sizes and personal attention to students. Bellarmine is listed in The Princeton Review's Best 385 Colleges, is one of the top 20 Southern regional universities in U.S. News and World Report's 2019 college rankings and is a top university in Forbes' list of America's best colleges. In a survey by The Princeton Review, students praised Bellarmine as a place that is "welcoming to every single person and makes an effort to include everyone." Bellarmine students, faculty and staff engage in more than 25,000 cumulative hours of service each year, in Louisville and around the nation and world. Beginning in Fall 2020, Bellarmine's 22 athletic teams will compete in NCAA Division I, through an invitation from the ASUN Conference.
Bellarmine is located on a scenic 145-acre campus in the Highlands neighborhood and 46+ acres off-campus in Louisville, KY, which Forbes recently recognized as a "Top 15 City" for affordable living and National Geographic calls one of the "Best Small Cities in the U.S." Louisville is within a day's drive of two-thirds of the U.S. population.
Bellarmine is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer and encourages applicants with diverse backgrounds to apply.
Bellarmine is committed to core values of diversity, equity, and inclusion. Bellarmine will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of its increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential.
The Graduate Assistant Men's Wrestling Coach will provide support and assistance to the Head Coach. The Graduate Assistant receives graduate tuition covering a maximum of 6 hours per semester (not including summer) and a stipend.
Specific duties include:
• Assist with planning and implementing practices, scouting, individual coaching sessions, equipment, office work, and other duties as assigned.
• Manage student-athlete skill development and performance analysis;
• Recruit qualified student-athletes for admission while adhering to NCAA Division I and University standards.
• Monitor academic advisement and progress of student-athletes' Ability to effectively interact with a wide variety of people in a manner that positively portrays the University, its programs, and personnel.
• Promote a culture of inclusion, working effectively within a culture of individuals with diverse backgrounds, styles, abilities, and motivations.
• Abide by and comply with National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), Conference rules, academic standards, requirements, and policies of the Department of Athletics and University.
• Assist in the organization of sports information materials.
• Contribute to the overall success of the University's intercollegiate athletics program by performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
• Work is performed in an indoor environment but may require outdoor activities.
• Ability to work early mornings, nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited four-year college or university required.
• Personal athletic experience as a collegiate wrestler and/or related field preferred.
• Possess excellent organizational, written, and verbal communication skills.
Bellarmine University is committed to core values of diversity, equity and inclusion and embraces diversity in our workforce among members of faculty, staff and administration. We remain committed to affirmative actions, policies, procedures and attitudes necessary to continue to build and retain a diverse and equitable workforce. We will demonstrate a fully realized and lived commitment to equity and inclusion, empowering all members of our increasingly diverse community and supporting them to achieve their full potential. As part of Bellarmine's commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, we will seek to ensure that all aspects of employment, including recruitment, selection, job assignment, training, compensation, benefits, discipline, promotion, layoff and termination processes remain free of discrimination based upon race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected class.
Applicants should submit a CV or resume, letter of interest and contact information for three professional references. Applications will be reviewed on an ongoing basis. Position will remain open until filled.
Apply Here: https://www.click2apply.net/r7ADl1IBX8lYiNXJsDaOz