InterMat Job Board
Assistant Wrestling Coach - North Idaho College
Job no: 492913
Work type: Full-time Staff
Location: Coeur d'Alene
Categories: Athletics & Coaching
Hiring range: $29,468 to $35,362
Work Site Location: Coeur d' Alene Campus
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week, year round
Excellent benefits, including retirement
Under minimal supervision, this position will assist in managing and directing the wrestling program in compliance with the philosophies and objectives of the Athletic Department. Assumes responsibility for adherence to rules and regulations governing the College, Northwest Athletic Conference and National Junior College Athletic Association, as applicable.
This list includes, but is not limited to the following:
Assists the Head Coach in managing and directing the assigned sports program
Assists the Head Coach in the preparation of practice sessions and match strategies
Assists in all aspects of the team including strength and conditioning, practicing, competing and scheduling
Assists in recruiting student-athletes in accordance with NWAC and NJCAA rules and regulations through scouting, attending tournaments and home visits
Assists in representing the sports program to various institutional programs and works externally with the media, government agencies, funding agencies, students, parents, and the general public.
Assists in supporting the academic counselling of student-athletes and monitoring of their academic progress and eligibility status. Promotes academic progress of student-athletes
Organizes and maintains accurate inventory of sports equipment and uniforms for the Wrestling program
Acts as primary contact for scheduling of all athletic facilities for assigned sports program
Maintains necessary records related to the issuance and return of equipment and uniforms for assigned sports program
Coordinates travel arrangements as directed by Head Coach
Coordinates the facility needs of visiting teams
Assists the administration with alumni relations and scholarship fundraising
Maintains equipment and uniforms
Maintains athletics fields, arenas and grounds
Assists in general maintenance of all athletic facilities including coordinating with custodial, grounds and maintenance personnel in advance of planned events; reports equipment/facility damage requiring repairs.
Commits to and is responsible for adhering to all rules and regulations set forth for the team, the College, the NJCAA, and the NWAC with the utmost integrity.
Participates in clinics and other professional enrichment programs to assure professional development
Participates in various events promoted by the Athletic Department and the Booster Club
Promotes intercollegiate athletics as an integral part of the College
Drives vans used for team travel
Maintains a positive, helpful, constructive attitude and work relationship with their supervisor, college staff, students and the community
Performs other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university.
Required License and/or Certifications:
Current CPR/First Aid, and AED Certification
Current valid Driver’s License
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Ability to recruit and coach highly talented student-athletes.
• Ability to adhere to all policies, rules and regulations of the college, the NJCAA, and NWAC.
• Ability to hire and supervise qualified assistants and student workers.
• Ability to market and promote the assigned Wrestling program.
• A proven record in following directives and being responsible for tasks as assigned.
• Ability to handle multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment as needed.
• Ability to attend seminars, meetings and other professional development opportunities at or away from NIC.
• Ability to organize work effectively, conceptualize and prioritize objectives and exercise independent judgment based on an understanding of organizational polices and activities.
• Ability to integrate resources, policies and information for the determination of procedures, solutions, and other outcomes.
• Knowledge of management methods and ability to provide administrative guidance within area of responsibility and provide direct training and supervision as needed.
• Ability to apply budgeting and fiscal planning techniques within financial constraints.
• Ability to establish and maintain effective work relationships with students, faculty, staff and the public.
• Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
• Ability to represent the department and NIC in a friendly, courteous and professional manner.
• Ability to respond to emergency situations in a timely manner.
• Ability to use a personal computer and other office equipment.
Employment is contingent upon successful completion of background check and proof of degree.
All application materials, including resume and cover letter, must be uploaded and the application completed prior to the close date
Advertised: June 25, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: July 09, 2021 11:55 PM Pacific Daylight Time