InterMat Job Board
Head Women's Wrestling Coach - Gannon University
This position requires the oversight responsibilities of coaching, managing and directing all aspects of the Gannon University Women’s Wrestling Team. The women’s team will compete as a representative of a NCAA Division II institution and will adhere to the guidelines set forth by the NCAA as an emerging sport and respective conference affiliation.
1. Recruits quality academic students who are also competitive student-athletes.
2. Scheduling all competitive events and competitive facilities .
3. Schedules all practices and practice facilities.
4. Coordinating advanced scheduling, with budget approval, for all transportation, hotel, and meal requirements for away contests.
5. Completes all expense reports for all expenses associated with home and away contests.
6. Purchases, issues, maintains, and collects all team uniforms and equipment.
7. Oversees all budgetary related items.
8. In conjunction with the Head Strength and Conditioning Coach, trains, strengthens, and develops all student-athletes on a year-round schedule with a non-traditional season.
9. Monitors, advises, and supports all student-athletes in their academic pursuits.
10. Monitors, educates and advises all student-athletes concerning appropriate behavior in the classroom, on the practice and playing fields, and within campus and community living.
11. Advises administration of any significant accomplishments (athletic, academic, civic) obtained by any member of the team.
12. Identifies, hires, and supervises assistant coach(es), volunteer(s), manager(s), and/or student assistant(s).
13. Participates in an annual review of the season with the Director of Athletics
14. Learns, understands, and complies with all rules and regulations set forth by the NCAA, applicable conference affiliation, and Gannon University.
15. Passes NCAA recruiting test on an annual basis.
16. Develops and executes wrestling camps, clinics and/or tournaments.
17. Develops and implements fundraising endeavors that support the endeavors of the program.
18. Performs other duties related as assigned.
Education: A bachelor’s degree is required; a master’s degree is preferred.
Experience: Three to five years of coaching experience, preferably at the collegiate level or equivalent combination of competitive participation and coaching experience is required.
Skills: Must have a working knowledge of the NCAA and the sport’s governing body rules as well as an understanding of the philosophy behind them. Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills; demonstrated organizational and time management skills; technical knowledge of wrestling skills and strategy combined with the ability to effectively supervise, teach and coach student-athletes; the ability to motivate and effectively communicate with student athletes; a willingness and ability to actively recruit qualified student-athletes to the University; strong administrative skills such as prioritization, organization, and budgeting; ability to work independently.
Licenses or Certifications: A valid driver’s license is that is in good standing required.
University Mission: Must be able to support and promote the University’s Mission.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS: Must be able to meet the physical demands associated with recruiting and coaching a college-level wrestling team.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Work is performed in a busy indoor University setting. Overnight travel and weekend work is required.