InterMat Job Board
(D3) Averett Graduate Assistant Coach
Averett wrestling program is heading into it's 5th year of existence. Returns every starter including 3 All Americans & 6 Nationally Ranked Wrestlers who cracked the top 12 last season. Team was ranked as high as #15 in the country. Looking for someone dedicated and willing to put the work in.
• Bachelor’s degree and successful coaching, playing, and/or teaching experience is required.
• Experience at the intercollegiate level is preferred.
• Valid driver’s license
• Graduate Assistants must be in and remain in good academic standing while enrolled in an Averett University graduate program.
• Assist head coach in organizing and conducting practices and contests in all aspects necessary in running a competitive Division III program.
• Assist in the recruitment of a diverse group of qualified student athletes for successful participation at the varsity athletic level
• Advise and supervise team members, captains, Student Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) team representatives and team managers as directed.
• Demonstrate leadership, sportsmanship, and conduct becoming of the coaching profession adhering to all college and professional sport association guidelines
• Adhere to all NCAA, USA South and sport rules and regulations.
• Serve as game administrator at intercollegiate contests as assigned by the department and/or assist in other assigned duties in support of the department and program.
Physical & Mental Demands/Work Environment
The duties of this position require performance of the following activities and work in the described environment, with or without reasonable accommodations.
• Almost constant interaction with others requiring communication, both in-person and by telephone
• Visual acuity required to perform duties to include oversight of activities of others, use of computer, driving, reading, etc.
• Must be able to change tasks frequently, work an irregular work schedule, perform multiple tasks simultaneously, function well in a noisy and distracting environment, and work closely with others as part of a team
• Ability to operate a motor vehicle and a valid driver’s license required
• Frequently will need to strength move or carry 10-25 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds.
• Frequent standing, sitting (meetings, driving, riding), and walking
• Occasional work requiring reaching and handling of supplies/files/paperwork, bending to retrieve items from low shelves/cabinets or twisting.
• At time may experience time pressure or emergency situations
• At times may need to push/pull items such as drawers, tables, chairs; stepping up on stools.
• At times may need to use office equipment such as printer, copier, fax, scanner, cameras, scissors, hole-punch, paper cutter, stapler, etc.
• Primary work location is outdoors
• Work environment typically does not include an environment that is hazardous to health and safety, although will require extended periods working outdoors, sometimes in extreme temperatures, with noisy conditions, and wetness/humidity
The start date for this position is July 1, 2021 but will remain open until filled. Graduates and future graduates will be given consideration for the position. Interested persons should send a cover letter, resume and references to email@example.com