InterMat Job Board
NJC ASSISTANT WRESTLING COACH
Northeastern Junior College is seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated individual to fill the position of Assistant Wrestling Coach. This position will be responsible for assisting the Head Wrestling Coach with the day-to-day functions of the Wrestling team. Duties may also include recruiting, developing practice plans, coordinating travel, scheduling and other assignments as prepared by the head coach and/or athletic director. Candidate should have excellent interpersonal skills, work well with others in a team setting, and possess knowledge and experience coaching Wrestling.
Questions regarding the position may be directed to Arsenia Barksdale, Head Men’s Wrestling Coach at (970) 521-6634 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can apply online at https://njc.applicantpro.com/jobs/ be sure to include all required application materials. For information about NJC, see the college web site at http://www.njc.edu and our athletic website at http://www.gonjc.com
• Positive attitude through dedication to NJC mission and values; willingness to accept and promote change; open-minded fairness and consideration of multiple perspectives; willingness to take risks, work hard, accept responsibility for personal/professional growth, lead and follow well, accept criticism, handle conflict, and motivate others.
• Commitment to cooperation, consensus building, collaboration, effective goal-setting and evaluation.
• Participation in campus organizations and activities.
• Bachelor's degree
• Ability to obtain a commercial driver's license within 6 months
• 3+ years of coaching wrestling OR collegiate wrestling playing experience
• Excellent Interpersonal Skills
• Willingness to travel regionally and throughout Colorado at all times of the year
• Experience with Microsoft Office
This is a full-time benefit-eligible, exempt position. Salary for this position will be $25,626. Position begins as soon as possible. Competitive fringe benefit package available through the State Board for Community Colleges and Occupational Education (SBCCOE).
Complete application packets will be reviewed as they are received. Position will remain open until filled. Complete application packet to consist of:
• Cover letter specifically addressing qualifications and committing to expectations
• Three letters of RECOMMENDATION, a list of REFERENCES is not accepted
• Completed Applicant Pro application
• College transcripts from an accredited college or university (unofficial copies acceptable during application process)
• Complete resume
• Release Authorization (for background check)
NOTE: It is Northeastern Junior College's procedure to conduct pre-employment background checks on all employment finalists to determine or verify background information, including criminal history, references from previous employment, qualifications, and, when applicable, driving history. Employment offers are contingent upon receiving a satisfactory report.
By submitting an application for this announced position applicants are certifying that all statements, information and documents provided are true, complete and correct to the best of the applicant's knowledge and are made in good faith. Further, applicants understand that omissions, misleading, false or untrue information, or any attempt at fraud or deceit in any manner connected with this application and/or subsequent testing may result in them not being considered for jobs with Northeastern Junior College; may constitute grounds for discipline and/or termination after hire; and/or constitute grounds for further actions pursuant to law.
College/Community Profile: Northeastern Junior College, one of 13 member-colleges of the Community Colleges of Colorado, lies in the rural northeastern Colorado town of Sterling. The community of approximately 14,000 Residences enjoys easy access to Denver, the Rocky Mountains and other front range cities. Northeastern Junior College enrolls approximately 1,000 full-time and 2,500 part-time students through over 90 programs of study offering transfer degrees, career and technical degrees and certificate programs. As a residential campus with five halls accommodating 600 students, the college attracts students from throughout Colorado, many states and several foreign countries. Approximately 55 full-time and 25 part-time faculty comprise the teaching staff.
Notice to all Applicants:
• Proof of eligibility to work in the United States must be produced within three (3) days of hire.
• Direct deposit of payroll is a condition of employment.
• Final candidate is subject to a criminal background check prior to final selection process.
• Final candidate is required to submit official transcripts to Human Resources within fourteen (14) days of hire.
• NJC is affiliated with the Colorado Public Employees Retirement Association (PERA) and as such, employees contribute to PERA in lieu of Social Security for retirement benefits. For more information, visit copera.org.
• Former employees of the Colorado Community College System or one of its 13 colleges, who were disciplinarily terminated or resigned in lieu of termination, must disclose this information in your application material.
The Federal Clery Act (The Student Right to Know and Campus Security Act of 1990) requires all institutions of higher learning to make available to prospective employees our agency's Annual Security Report. A copy of this information is available on the NJC website at www.njc.edu/~/media/Publications/CampusSafety12pdf.ashx . A paper copy of this report can be obtained at the Student Service Office upon request. This report includes statistics for the previous three years concerning crimes that occurred on campus or on property controlled or owned by Northeastern Junior College, as well as public property within, or immediately adjacent to and accessible from, our campus.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
The Northeastern Junior College does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, nationality, sex, sexual orientation, religion, age, or disability in the admission, access, treatment or employment in its programs or activities. Inquiries about Title VI, Title VII, Title IX and Section 504 should be made to Jeri Estrada, Walker Hall Rm. 102,100 College Avenue, Sterling, CO 80751.
Northeastern Junior College prohibits and will not tolerate discrimination or harassment that violates federal or state law, Board Policy 3-120 or Board Policy 4-120. The College does not discriminate on the basis of sex/gender, race, color, age, creed, national or ethnic origin, physical or mental disability, veteran status, pregnancy status, religion or sexual orientation. The College complies with Titles VI and VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, the Civil Rights Act of 1991, the Education Amendments of 1972 (Title IX), the Age Discrimination in Employment Act, the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act of 1978, Vietnam Era Veterans Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974; Executive Order 11246, and sections 24-34-301, C.R.S. et seq. For information regarding civil rights or grievance procedures, contact our Title IX Compliance/Equal Opportunity Officer, Jeri Estrada, Director of Human Resources at 100 College Ave., Walker Hall, Rm. 102, Sterling, CO 80751 or by phone at 970-521-6730, or e-mail at email@example.com.
"Northeastern Junior College is a comprehensive two-year institution that is committed to providing excellence in learning, training, and service. We strive to produce skilled and knowledgeable students who transfer successfully and enter the workforce productively. We strive to enrich the quality of lives through affordable and accessible learning opportunities.