InterMat Job Board
Montreat College Assistant
Position: Asst Wrestling Coach
Location: Montreat, NC
The Assistant Wrestling Coach will assist in all aspects of a competitive wrestling program and is responsible for, but not limited to: the integration of Christian faith, and the recruitment, retention and academic success of student-athletes for the wrestling team. Priority will be given to candidates with experience in recruiting, fundraising, and baseball field maintenance. In addition to coaching, this position requires leadership in multiple aspects of JV team management, including budgeting, facilities management, academic support, and retention of quality student athletes. This position will be responsible to maintain compliance with all Montreat College, Appalachian Athletic Conference, and NAIA rules and regulations.
1. Lead the recruiting efforts for the wrestling program; recruiting student athletes for the athletic team who will represent the mission of Montreat College.
2. Organize and lead practice/training sessions for student-athletes in assigned discipline(s).
3. Plan comprehensive training plans for student-athletes in assigned discipline(s).
4. Assist in operational procedures including scheduling, travel, budget management, and statistics.
5. Attend departmental meetings.
6. Be familiar with and adhere to departmental policies and procedures as well as NAIA and AAC regulations.
7. Participate in the college and departmental activities as needed.
8. Be responsible for the conduct of athletes.
9. Actively participate with all athletic fundraising programs as needed.
10. Communicate the needs and maintenance of facilities and equipment to the Director of Athletics.
11. Other duties as assigned.
A. Essential Job Functions
1. Excellent writing skills
2. Excellent oral communication and relationship skills
3. Excellent recruiting skills to meet annual roster expectations
4. Efficiency in computer applications (Microsoft Office, Excel, etc.)
5. Ability to read, understand, and apply instructions
6. Hear and understand telephone conversations
7. Ability to coordinate different tasks simultaneously
8. Move about the campus freely (including all facilities)
9. Ability to multi-task
10. Must be able to drive school vehicles
B. Leadership Qualities
1. Work closely with the Head Varsity wrestling Coach, Admissions and Financial Aid office.
2. Articulate a clear vision for the wrestling program that aligns with the Varsity program’s vision
3. Set goals and objectives based on the needs and capabilities of the population served
4. Articulate and promote student learning and development in the following areas:
d. Athletic Excellence
5. Prescribe and practice ethical behavior
6. Where appropriate, recruit, select, supervise, and develop others in the organization
7. Manage financial resources
8. Plan, budget for, and evaluate personnel and programs
A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited four-year institution is required. Extra consideration will be given to candidates with successful recruiting and college coaching experience. Candidates must support and affirm the College’s faith statement and Community Life Covenant.
The Asst wrestling Coach reports to the Head wrestling Coach and Athletic Director.
Please email the following materials Jake.firstname.lastname@example.org
1. Complete application
2. Cover letter
3. Statement of Christian faith
4. Resume with three references
About Montreat College:
Montreat College is a Christian liberal arts college accredited by the Commission on Colleges of the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools to offer masters, bachelors, and associates degrees. The main campus is located in the Blue Ridge Mountains fifteen miles east of Asheville, North Carolina, a region recognized as one of the most attractive living environments in the United States. Satellite campuses in Asheville, Charlotte, and other sites supplement the main campus. The College is committed to Christ-centered teaching and learning, and is a member of the Council for Christian Colleges & Universities.