Jump to content

Some NIL Dirty Business


OMW

Recommended Posts

4 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

Sounds like a bunch of verbal promises with no contract. Seems like Rashada is getting educated after all. Hard to believe he had an agent and still wound up in this mess.

This assumes a verbal promise is not an enforceable contract.   Why not?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Funny how the article didn't mention how his grades were.

Forgot, that doesn't matter.  Honestly, why do we even bother to pretend that these are student-athletes?

  • Bob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, jdalu75 said:

Funny how the article didn't mention how his grades were.

Forgot, that doesn't matter.  Honestly, why do we even bother to pretend that these are student-athletes?

I'm sure they won't mind if you stop pretending.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
12 hours ago, Elevator said:

This assumes a verbal promise is not an enforceable contract.   Why not?

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Circumstances vary but one had a tough time trying to enforce verbal agreements and promises.

Edited by AgaveMaria

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

kid seems like a cancer to me but that might be off topic.

i suppose the point is: "What's enforceable/legally binding?"

i don't believe there was ever a contract signed. 

Agreed. He had no written contracts and was given a $1 MILLION signing bonus when he signed with the Gators and now he is complaining.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, ionel said:

🤔

... but what if its on Tik Tok? 

If it's accompanied with a pepper eating challenge, it's probably legit. 

  • Ionel 1

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

A verbal contract isn't worth the paper it is printed on.

Circumstances vary but one had a tough time trying to enforce verbal agreements and promises.

Tiger Woods's girlfriend thought she could continue to live in his house after they broke up because she had an "oral tenancy".

I'll let others insert the obvious misspelling.

  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/21/2024 at 3:48 PM, Wrestleknownothing said:

Sounds like a bunch of verbal promises with no contract. Seems like Rashada is getting educated after all. Hard to believe he had an agent and still wound up in this mess.

Probably.  Although the article says student-athletes “can’t directly be paid to play.”   Didn’t you say that is not technically the case based on an Athletic article?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, 1032004 said:

Probably.  Although the article says student-athletes “can’t directly be paid to play.”   Didn’t you say that is not technically the case based on an Athletic article?

Correct. While that is what the rule says, a federal judge in Tennessee issued a temporary restraining order barring the NCAA from enforcing that element of the rule.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Jason Kwaak

    Brentwood, New York
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina State
    Projected Weight: 165

    Liam Hickey

    Cardinal Gibbons, North Carolina
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina
    Projected Weight: 133

    Tristan Steldt

    Fennimore, Wisconsin
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Pitt
    Projected Weight: 184

    Casen Roark

    Father Ryan, Tennessee
    Class of 2025
    Committed to West Virginia
    Projected Weight: 141

    Will Greenberg

    Hawken, Ohio
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Bucknell
    Projected Weight: 285
×
×
  • Create New...