Jump to content

Oklahoma state projected line up


Recommended Posts

5 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Damn.  That is shitty for Doucet and Surber.

Why Doucet got 2 good years as starting hwt and he may still be the backup.  Happens to a lot of slightly above avg or just short of r12 wrestlers.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Idaho said:

Sure - you can lose your spot at anytime....but that's not the point. The point is that when they come in after the window closes to enter the portal,  they have no options. 

Gotcha. Misunderstood your OP. I agree the portal dates a screwed up.

  • Potato 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Winners Circle said:

Gotcha. Misunderstood your OP. I agree the portal dates a screwed up.

Just the dates of it all.

  • Potato 1

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The previous staff was recruiting Hendrickson as well, this shouldn’t have been a surprise to Doucet.

Oklahoma State wants to get back to podiums and championships. This means getting the best possible wrestlers at each weight.

Hope Doucet gets better over the course of this upcoming year and he should have one more year of eligibility following that.

President, Thomas Gilman Fan Club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

What about Carter Young at 141? He should be OK with the knee by now. Not to mention he is #1 ranked on the All Time Cutie team... tho may have dropped to #3 after he cut his hair.

” Never attribute to inspiration that which can be adequately explained by delusion”.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, AgaveMaria said:

What about Carter Young at 141? He should be OK with the knee by now. Not to mention he is #1 ranked on the All Time Cutie team... tho may have dropped to #3 after he cut his hair.

Good relationship with Kennedy too.  Kennedy's departure from Northwestern was rumored to be at least partially responsible for Young leaving.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, poorwrestler said:

I don’t have any data to go along with this theory but I have a strong feeling that Cael Hughes is going to find himself in the title conversation early.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hughes is tough as hell, he will be in the conversation, I agree. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

why?

This was meant for you - apologies.

2 hours ago, nhs67 said:

Just the dates of it all.

 

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, Husker_Du said:

solid possibility the middle gets fortified w/ another guy in the middle (157/165)

Are we thinking Derracott or Bearclaw?

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Good relationship with Kennedy too.  Kennedy's departure from Northwestern was rumored to be at least partially responsible for Young leaving.

It was ALOT to do with Carter leaving. 

  • Bob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Good relationship with Kennedy too.  Kennedy's departure from Northwestern was rumored to be at least partially responsible for Young leaving.

His momma was in a horrible car crash recently and has left her in a wheel chair, bad deal. $hit his dad flatlined not too long ago and they brought him back to life.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, ionel said:

Why Doucet got 2 good years as starting hwt and he may still be the backup.  Happens to a lot of slightly above avg or just short of r12 wrestlers.

So you are saying that he should be satisfied with his career and be content to be a backup?

It's about that he will not get to  start for a team and get the opportunity to get on the podium because he cannot transfer due to the timing. Some guys who have been starting and want to get on the podium, are not satisfied with sitting the bench. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, JAY45 said:

The previous staff was recruiting Hendrickson as well, this shouldn’t have been a surprise to Doucet.

Oklahoma State wants to get back to podiums and championships. This means getting the best possible wrestlers at each weight.

Hope Doucet gets better over the course of this upcoming year and he should have one more year of eligibility following that.

Pretty sure they will recruit over him again if they have the chance. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Idaho said:

So you are saying that he should be satisfied with his career and be content to be a backup?

It's about that he will not get to  start for a team and get the opportunity to get on the podium because he cannot transfer due to the timing. Some guys who have been starting and want to get on the podium, are not satisfied with sitting the bench. 

Not saying he should be "satisfied" but there are many who never get a chance to start much less at a program like OSU.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, Truzzcat said:

I think you have 4 locks 174-285 and then 6 blood round low AA type guys although I think Jordan Williams makes a jump this year.

I have to see Carroll compete at 197 before I call him an AA lock although I think he has tremendous upside at that weight and it would not surprise me a bit to see him as a high AA. 

  • Fire 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, ionel said:

Not saying he should be "satisfied" but there are many who never get a chance to start much less at a program like OSU.  

True.... but once you do start for two years and you are getting closer to the podium, sitting for a year doesn't seem like a good  option....but at this point it doesn't seem like there are any  many options due to the timing.  And that's all to say he would be able to beat out Merrill or Carroll. 

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

True.... but once you do start for two years and you are getting closer to the podium, sitting for a year doesn't seem like a good  option....but at this point it doesn't seem like there are any  many options due to the timing.  And that's all to say he would be able to beat out Merrill or Carroll. 

Maybe @flyingcement could guarantee they'll be a Fall portal loop hole he could squeeze thru.  Perhaps portal over to football then back to wrestling at different U in December?  Of course there's also the chance he likes where he is.  🙅‍♀️

Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, ionel said:

Maybe @flyingcement could guarantee they'll be a Fall portal loop hole he could squeeze thru.  Perhaps portal over to football then back to wrestling at different U in December?  Of course there's also the chance he likes where he is.  🙅‍♀️

As a side note...that is only half crazy.....I wouldn't be surprised to see law suits come out of the winter sports group to ensure a second portal window so that all three groups have two. spacer.png

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Idaho said:

As a side note...that is only half crazy.....I wouldn't be surprised to see law suits come out of the winter sports group to ensure a second portal window so that all three groups have two. spacer.png

Jackie's gonna be busy.  

  • Potato 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, ionel said:

Not saying he should be "satisfied" but there are many who never get a chance to start much less at a program like OSU.  

Guys like him should transfer down the road to UCO D2 and go compete to be an AA. 

  • Brain 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gus said:

I have to see Carroll compete at 197 before I call him an AA lock although I think he has tremendous upside at that weight and it would not surprise me a bit to see him as a high AA. 

Until I see Carroll at 197, I am not even writing him in as the starter over Surber.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, AgaveMaria said:

What about Carter Young at 141? He should be OK with the knee by now. Not to mention he is #1 ranked on the All Time Cutie team... tho may have dropped to #3 after he cut his hair.

Don’t know about the looks part 😊

apparently he was walking around in the low 160s this past season. There is no doubt OSU has a logjam between 141 - 157. Recently, young looks closer to 157 than 141; which is weird if you consider he looked like a 133 while at 141. Will be interesting to see how it all pans out. 
 

There is strong indication that 133 is a tough cut for Hughes, and he has to be in the lineup somewhere as well. Bet he’s at 133 for this year; we’ll see after that.

So if Hughes goes 133, will be interesting who rises to the top between Jamison, Young, Williams, and Travis from 141 - 157

President, Thomas Gilman Fan Club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Gus said:

I have to see Carroll compete at 197 before I call him an AA lock although I think he has tremendous upside at that weight and it would not surprise me a bit to see him as a high AA. 

He’s beat some grown a$$ men recently.

President, Thomas Gilman Fan Club

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Jason Kwaak

    Brentwood, New York
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina State
    Projected Weight: 165

    Liam Hickey

    Cardinal Gibbons, North Carolina
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina
    Projected Weight: 133

    Tristan Steldt

    Fennimore, Wisconsin
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Pitt
    Projected Weight: 184

    Casen Roark

    Father Ryan, Tennessee
    Class of 2025
    Committed to West Virginia
    Projected Weight: 141

    Will Greenberg

    Hawken, Ohio
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Bucknell
    Projected Weight: 285
×
×
  • Create New...