Jump to content

Finesilver unable to compete in Olympic qualifier


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, skandar said:

there’s a difference to me between actively choosing to represent a country you have a vague connection to that's directly committing the atrocities versus representing a country that you grew up in, and have dreamed of repping your whole life.

So your message is, choose the terrorist you support wisely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

38 minutes ago, billyhoyle said:

According to your beliefs, but explain how Aaron Brooks just won an NCAA title and made the olympic team? 

 

Because he’s good at wrestling…plus maybe a little help from a banned substance according to recent rumors?


What does that have to do with anything I said? Is Brooks an American politician?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 minutes ago, MPhillips said:

So your message is, choose the terrorist you support wisely?

Pretty ballsy of you to imply American politicians are terrorists on this board.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Huh?

I''m not reading all of this. I'll skim.

Paris will have way, way better security than Istanbul.

And we missed the Worlds in 2002.  Specific threats made.  I was working with a team member and a coach when stuff started going down.  Please brush up on history.

LOL.  Don't start a discussion you are too lazy to engage in.

2002 isn't in the last 20 years.  And that was a specific threat.  None here.

If Turkey hadn't started a trade embargo against Israel last month, Israel would be there. 

You are anti-athlete and pro-propaganda.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, skandar said:

Pretty ballsy of you to imply American politicians are terrorists on this board.

To be fair, I believe you did that. I was asking for confirmation. But I hear you...🎣

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, SuperBonBon said:

Try to keep your posts to the topic of wrestling.

The reason this whole post exists has nothing to do with wrestling. The reason Finesilver can’t try to qualify has nothing to do with wrestling. It’s related to what I said. Either remove it all or stfu about “keeping it to wrestling”

Edited by skandar
Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, skandar said:

The reason this whole post exists has nothing to do with wrestling. The reason Finesilver can’t try to qualify has nothing to do with wrestling. It’s related to what I said. Either remove it all of stfu about “keeping it to wrestling”

The original post was informing about a known American wrestler who will not be attending the last qualifier and what his reasons were.  The shared post from Finsilver was just stating facts.  The country he is representing will not let him attend because of safety reasons.  He did not agree with it or disagree with it, but says he understands.

His reason for not being able to wrestle has nothing to do with your statement about Israel committing a genocide.  Your statement is a highly politicized statement to say the least.

So maybe try keeping your non related wrestling comments to twitter or some other echo chamber you find appropriate or stfu.

  • Fire 1
  • Wrestle 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, SuperBonBon said:

The original post was informing about a known American wrestler who will not be attending the last qualifier and what his reasons were.  The shared post from Finsilver was just stating facts.  The country he is representing will not let him attend because of safety reasons.  He did not agree with it or disagree with it, but says he understands.

His reason for not being able to wrestle has nothing to do with your statement about Israel committing a genocide.  Your statement is a highly politicized statement to say the least.

So maybe try keeping your non related wrestling comments to twitter or some other echo chamber you find appropriate or stfu.

Care to explain to the class where the “safety issues” for the Israel team stem from then tell me again what it has nothing to do with? Clown.

It’s not a politicized statement. It’s a fact. If you want to defend tens of thousands of innocent children and women being brutally killed that’s on you. Have fun with the politicians for eternity. Won’t be me though.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BAC said:

LOL.  Don't start a discussion you are too lazy to engage in.

2002 isn't in the last 20 years.  And that was a specific threat.  None here.

If Turkey hadn't started a trade embargo against Israel last month, Israel would be there. 

You are anti-athlete and pro-propaganda.  

Much shorter, more coherent response. I will respond to your silliness.

I like how you caught me on 2002 not being 20 years ago.  Good job, I was wrong.  Doesn't change the fact that you had no idea the US didn't go to Iran for Worlds.

I also love how you are critical of my math/recollection of years, yet say that 1972 was 50 years ago!!!  Maroon and hypocrite.  Waiting for your apology.

I'm also very pro-athlete, personally knowing someone who was denied a shot in 1980.  I'm so pro-athlete that I want them to stay safe and live live.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Much shorter, more coherent response. I will respond to your silliness.

I like how you caught me on 2002 not being 20 years ago.  Good job, I was wrong.  Doesn't change the fact that you had no idea the US didn't go to Iran for Worlds.

I also love how you are critical of my math/recollection of years, yet say that 1972 was 50 years ago!!!  Maroon and hypocrite.  Waiting for your apology.

I'm also very pro-athlete, personally knowing someone who was denied a shot in 1980.  I'm so pro-athlete that I want them to stay safe and live live.  

That's sweet you want athletes to "live live" but I'd be willing to bet if you left it up to the Israeli athletes, every one would go.  Why?  Because it isn't North Korea, it isn't Iran, it isn't Gaza, its freaking TURKEY, a NATO ally, and there was no threat AT ALL.  Way to side with the dream-ruiners.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
6 minutes ago, BAC said:

That's sweet you want athletes to "live live" but I'd be willing to bet if you left it up to the Israeli athletes, every one would go.  Why?  Because it isn't North Korea, it isn't Iran, it isn't Gaza, its freaking TURKEY, a NATO ally, and there was no threat AT ALL.  Way to side with the dream-ruiners.  

Is 50 years= 52 years?  

Answer, please?

Dope.

Edited by Interviewed_at_Weehawken
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/5/2024 at 1:29 PM, BAC said:

Dude that was 50 years and Israel is still going to the Paris games.  Looks to like they just got butthurt because the Last Chance is hosted by Turkey, a predominantly Muslim country whose President has been critical of the Gaza war, but nonetheless a NATO ally and complying with all UWW visa and security requirements.

No one thinks this has ANYTHING to do with security. Erdogan is a buffoon but tens of thousands of Jews live in Turkey and they have no travel restrictions on Israel. it’s making a point that Israel does not like Erdogan’s rhetoric. 

How about supporting the athletes, instead of the politicians who want to make political pawns of them?

"Dude that was 50 years." You forgot "ago."

Also,  it was 52.

Let us pick nits!

  • Bob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, BAC said:

That's sweet you want athletes to "live live" but I'd be willing to bet if you left it up to the Israeli athletes, every one would go.  Why?  Because it isn't North Korea, it isn't Iran, it isn't Gaza, its freaking TURKEY, a NATO ally, and there was no threat AT ALL.  Way to side with the dream-ruiners.  

https://www.uscirf.gov/news-room/releases-statements/uscirf-releases-report-threats-religious-sites-turkey

  • Bob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

Also,  it was 52.

Let us pick nits!

Says the guy who last threw his shot almost 220 years ago.  😉

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Interviewed_at_Weehawken said:

"Dude that was 50 years." You forgot "ago."

Also,  it was 52.

Let us pick nits!

Thanks for that brilliant argument. 52 does not equal 50, therefore its totally cool for Israel to deprive its wrestlers of their lifelong dream by forbidding them to visit a European NATO ally where no threats were made. I don't know about everyone else but I'm certainly persuaded by such incisive sophistry.

Anyone have Finesilver's number?  I'll text him right now. Hey bro, sorry about your dreams going up in smoke despite no actual security threat, but if you just consider the fact that 50 and 52 are different numbers, it'll all make sense to you.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 hours ago, BAC said:

Thanks for that brilliant argument. 52 does not equal 50, therefore its totally cool for Israel to deprive its wrestlers of their lifelong dream by forbidding them to visit a European NATO ally where no threats were made. I don't know about everyone else but I'm certainly persuaded by such incisive sophistry.

Anyone have Finesilver's number?  I'll text him right now. Hey bro, sorry about your dreams going up in smoke despite no actual security threat, but if you just consider the fact that 50 and 52 are different numbers, it'll all make sense to you.  

Nice deflection (attempt).

https://www.uscirf.gov/news-room/releases-statements/uscirf-releases-report-threats-religious-sites-turkey

Link to comment
Share on other sites

21 hours ago, BAC said:

That's sweet you want athletes to "live live" but I'd be willing to bet if you left it up to the Israeli athletes, every one would go.  Why?  Because it isn't North Korea, it isn't Iran, it isn't Gaza, its freaking TURKEY, a NATO ally, and there was no threat AT ALL.  Way to side with the dream-ruiners.  

You sure assume a lot as if it’s fact. 

  • Bob 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, skandar said:

Because this board is full of racist nationalist types

Please share any posts on here that demonstrate someone is a "racist nationalist type"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...