Jump to content

Transfer Portal


Recommended Posts

16 hours ago, PortaJohn said:

Everything that's been projected for '24-25  to this point is Mesenbrink to 157 and Haines to 165.  Star to 184 or 197.  @Husker_Du might have some insider info but this scenario has been the most consistent 

i'm in the camp of 'i'll believe it when i see it' when it comes to Mesenbrink at 157.

it makes a lot of sense line up wise, though.

i hope it happens, largely bc it does wonders for maximizing the other kids' opportunities on the roster. 

  • Brain 2

TBD

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 hours ago, ILLINIWrestlingBlog said:

I had heard that this was a possibility. Looks like a grad student or Senior, one-year deal to fill 157 for the former Cyclone. Danny Nini can be built up in the meantime. Starter for Campbell (20-10) and then for Iowa State (22-15) with a Round of 16. I expect that this will be the middle and upper-weights for the ILLINI:

149 Kannon Webster

157 Jason Kraisser

165 Braeden Scoles

174 Danny Brawlnagel

184 Edmond Ruth

197 Zac Brawlnagel

HWT Luuuke Luffman

ILLINI223.jpg

I thought you said Nini was going to fill the hole at 157? Stance on that changed pretty quickly. 🤔

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

I thought you said Nini was going to fill the hole at 157? Stance on that changed pretty quickly. 🤔

Because another guy entered the fold that wasn't apparent before.  He is allowed to be excited for Nini then also be excited if a guy who is projected to 'be better' enters the fold.  He can be excited for either or both.

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 minutes ago, nhs67 said:

Because another guy entered the fold that wasn't apparent before.  He is allowed to be excited for Nini then also be excited if a guy who is projected to 'be better' enters the fold.  He can be excited for either or both.

Where did I say anything about 'being excited'? He said Nini 'shored up the final hole in the Illini lineup at 157'. I made the case that getting a guy that had a losing record last year didn't exactly shore up a hole. Being excited about getting a guy who can sit and develop for the future is far different than 'shoring a hole in the lineup.' 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Winners Circle said:

Where did I say anything about 'being excited'? He said Nini 'shored up the final hole in the Illini lineup at 157'. I made the case that getting a guy that had a losing record last year didn't exactly shore up a hole. Being excited about getting a guy who can sit and develop for the future is far different than 'shoring a hole in the lineup.' 

Nini did shore it up, for those who anticipate greatness out of him (keep in mind who you're questioning there... the BIGGEST Illini fan on these boards in @ILLINIWrestlingBlog).  Kraisser shores it up a little better and allows further development to take place without the pressure of performance.

Win - Win, really

  • Bob 3

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, nhs67 said:

Nini did shore it up, for those who anticipate greatness out of him (keep in mind who you're questioning there... the BIGGEST Illini fan on these boards in @ILLINIWrestlingBlog).  Kraisser shores it up a little better and allows further development to take place without the pressure of performance.

Win - Win, really

So the backup shores up a hole in the lineup? First I've heard of this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

David Taylor press conference live right now

Maybe this goes into one of the 68 threads on DT rather than the portal thread. 

  • Fire 1
  • Haha 3

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Winners Circle said:

So the backup shores up a hole in the lineup? First I've heard of this.

No.  His prior statement is outdated.

Why are you being obtuse?  There is no need to pick a fight.  Especially during the DT/OSU news conference, man. c'mon!

  • Brain 2

"I know actually nothing.  It isn't even conjecture at this point." - me

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, CowboyYe2024 said:

Taylor will high ball Alirez

I think not. I think he will realize that won't get him a team title and instead focus on longer term solutions (recruits). Everyone has a budget, even if some are larger than others. And I can see Taylor being thoughtful about being a steward of other people's (Richison's) assets.

  • Brain 1

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

I think not. I think he will realize that won't get him a team title and instead focus on longer term solutions (recruits). Everyone has a budget, even if some are larger than others. And I can see Taylor being thoughtful about being a steward of other people's (Richison's) assets.

 A billion dollars goes a long way.  All he needs is Alirez, Mesenbrick, Haines and Steveson.  🤠

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Bardamu911 said:

this is about transferring FROM Cornell to another school 

You sure about that? This kinda sounds like it's talking about their own athletes....

"Upon submission of the Notification of Transfer Form (or email to the compliance staff for non-student-athletes), the compliance office at Cornell is required to submit the student-athlete’s information into the NCAA Transfer Portal or send out permission to contact within two business days."

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Idaho said:

You sure about that? This kinda sounds like it's talking about their own athletes....

"Upon submission of the Notification of Transfer Form (or email to the compliance staff for non-student-athletes), the compliance office at Cornell is required to submit the student-athlete’s information into the NCAA Transfer Portal or send out permission to contact within two business days."

You are saying the same thing. Only their own athletes can transfer from Cornell.

Drowning in data, but thirsting for knowledge

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, Wrestleknownothing said:

You are saying the same thing. Only their own athletes can transfer from Cornell.

Now you are saying the same thing.....

Sponsored by INTERMAT ⭐⭐⭐⭐

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
On 5/10/2024 at 3:44 PM, CowboyYe2024 said:

Taylor will high ball Alirez

whatever you do, do not plug that into a browser search

Shocked It Crowd GIF

Edited by gromit
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 5/10/2024 at 11:12 AM, Husker_Du said:

i'm in the camp of 'i'll believe it when i see it' when it comes to Mesenbrink at 157.

it makes a lot of sense line up wise, though.

i hope it happens, largely bc it does wonders for maximizing the other kids' opportunities on the roster. 

Mesenbrink didn't exactly look like a fatty out there at 165! I can't see a guy pulling weight when he finished 2nd at NCAAs last year. Maybe Haines will move up to 165 and beat him in a ranking match and then he'd pull down. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



  • Latest Rankings

  • College Commitments

    Jason Kwaak

    Brentwood, New York
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina State
    Projected Weight: 165

    Liam Hickey

    Cardinal Gibbons, North Carolina
    Class of 2025
    Committed to North Carolina
    Projected Weight: 133

    Tristan Steldt

    Fennimore, Wisconsin
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Pitt
    Projected Weight: 184

    Casen Roark

    Father Ryan, Tennessee
    Class of 2025
    Committed to West Virginia
    Projected Weight: 141

    Will Greenberg

    Hawken, Ohio
    Class of 2025
    Committed to Bucknell
    Projected Weight: 285
×
×
  • Create New...