BLOOMINGTON, Ind. -- On senior day senior Kyle Luigs pinned his man and two other Hoosiers won by pin as Indiana came away with a 27-13 victory against Maryland on Sunday at Wilkinson Hall.
• Indiana improves to 2-5 on the season and they match their most Big Ten dual match wins since the 2016-17 season.
• The Hoosiers got off to a quick start with back-to-back pins from Jacob Moran and Kyle Luigs to jump out to a 12-0 advantage.
• For Moran it was his first career pin, for Luigs it was his third career pin.
• Donnell Washington got the Hoosiers third pin of the day and his second this season, 16 seconds into his match.
• Washington improves his individual record to 5-2 on the season.
• Freshman Jacob Moran, who started the dual with a pin improves his individual record to 5-3 on the season and gets his second dual match win.
• Indiana got two match wins in extra time as Nick South got a take down in the second tiebreaker of his match and Rudy Streck won on a take down in sudden victory.
• Graham Rooks improved to 2-1 on the season with a 6-2 decision
• The 27 points for Indiana is their most since they beat Maryland 36-3 on Jan. 13, 2019 in the first match in Wilkinson Hall.
125: Jacob Moran (IU) def. Zach Spence (UMD) fall 1:08 (IU 6, UMD 0)
133: Kyle Luigs (IU) def. Jackson Cockrell (UMD) fall 2:26 (IU 12, UMD 0)
141: Danny Bertoni (UMD) def. Cayden Rooks (IU) 6-1 decision (IU 12, UMD 3)
149: #14 Graham Rooks (IU) def. Hunter Baxter (UMD) 6-2 decision (IU 15, UMD 3)
157: Michael Doetsch (UMD) def. Jonathan Kervin (IU) 6-2 decision (IU 15, UMD 6)
165: #24 Nick South (IU) def. Jonathan Spadafora (UMD) 3-1 TB2 (IU 18, UMD 6)
174: #6 DJ Washington (IU) def. Philip Spadafora (UMD) fall 0:16 (IU 24, UMD 6)
184: Kyle Cochran (UMD) def. Drayton Harris (IU) 10-0 major decision (IU 24, UMD 10)
197: Jaron Smith (UMD) def. #28 Nick Willham (IU) 5-3 decision (IU 24, UMD 13)
285: Rudy Streck (IU) def. Garrett Kappes (UMD) 3-1 SV1 (IU 27, UMD 13)
149: Lucas Cordio (UMD) def. Jonathan Moran (IU) fall 3:16
165: Sammy Cokeley (IU) def. Garrett Fisk (UMD) fall 1:20
197:Kevin Makosy (UMD) def. Robert Deters (IU) 10-4 decision
IU Head Coach Angel Escobedo
"I thought the guys went out there and competed and got bonus points, which we have been asking all season. It was awesome to see those pins that helped this team. It is great when you start off at 125 and have that pin to get that momentum. I thought the guys performed really well today. We have to build off this and head into Purdue."
Up next the Hoosiers travel to Purdue for a televised match on BTN on Monday February 22 at 8 p.m. ET.