The Head Coaches are planning an EIWA-centric schedule designed to maximize the number of bouts for our wrestlers. There are currently eight weekends between the new year and the final weekend of the regular season. Dual meets will be the priority although a series of limited tournaments to offer competition may be explored. All activities are subject to the prime concern of ensuring the health and safety of our wrestlers, staffs, and campuses.
We intend to proceed with the understanding that:
- Practice during the fall semester is permitted
- Recommended competition will begin no sooner than 1/1/2021
- Some potential opponents may not be able to compete at times
- Current preliminary schedules are not going to be possible
- Non-conference matches are permitted but will by necessity be minimal and might be limited to regional opponents
- The EIWA Championship tournament will take place as scheduled, at Cornell University on the weekend of March 5-7
- All plans are subject to change
The coaches have agreed to meet frequently for the foreseeable future to exchange information and adjust our approach as needed.