Emily Shilson (Photo/Augsburg Athletics)
STEVENS POINT, Wis. -- Claiming two pins and a technical fall, the Augsburg University women's wrestling team scored a victory in its first-ever dual meet, a 35-8 win at the University of Wisconsin-Stevens Point on Monday evening.
FINAL SCORE: Augsburg 35, Wisconsin-Stevens Point 8
LOCATION: Berg Gym, Stevens Point, Wis.
RECORDS: Augsburg 1-0, UW-Stevens Point 1-1
HOW IT HAPPENED
• Competing in her first collegiate match, Emily Shilson (FY, Maple Grove, Minn./Mounds View HS) was dominant in a 10-0 technical fall victory over Brooke Thurber, completing the win in just 60 seconds. She scored a takedown and quickly converted four two-point back exposures to end the match early.
• Vayle-Rae Baker (FY, Benton, Pa./Wyoming Seminary) improved to 8-2 on the year with her first collegiate pin at 123 pounds, building an 11-2 lead before pinning the Pointers' Morgan Bethel in 2:45.
• Gabby Skidmore (FY, Spooner, Wis./Cumberland HS) claimed the quickest pin of the season so far for the Auggies, ending her 130-pound match with UW-Stevens Point's Addison Young in just 22 seconds, after scoring a quick takedown and two-point back exposure. Skidmore is now 7-2 on the season with three first-period pins.
• Four Auggies claimed victories by forfeit in the match, which also included two exhibition bouts.
• Savannah Vold (SO, Rochester, Minn./Mayo HS) saw her first competition as an Auggie on Monday, and scored a push-out point and a passivity point in a 5-2 loss to the Pointers' Megan Struble at 136 pounds.
• Augsburg returns to action on Dec. 7 at the North Central College Invitational in Naperville, Ill.
101 - Double forfeit
109 - Emily Shilson (Augsburg, 1-0) tech. fall Brooke Thurber (UWSP, 7-4) 10-0 at 1:00 (Augsburg 4-0)
116 - Abby Nelson (UWSP, 6-4) wins by forfeit (UWSP 5-4)
123 - Vayle-Rae Baker (Augsburg, 8-2) pinned Morgan Bethel (UWSP, 0-6) 2:45 (Augsburg 9-5)
130 - Gabby Skidmore (Augsburg, 7-2) pinned Addison Young (UWSP, 1-7) 0:22 (Augsburg 14-5)
136 - Megan Struble (UWSP, 4-4) dec. Savannah Vold (Augsburg, 0-1) 5-2 (Augsburg 15-8)
143 - Kaylee Moore (Augsburg, 6-2) wins by forfeit (Augsburg 20-8)
155 - Marlynne Deede (Augsburg, 3-2) wins by forfeit (Augsburg 25-8)
170 - Faith Tuttle (Augsburg, 1-0) wins by forfeit (Augsburg 30-8)
191 - Melissa Jacobs (Augsburg 1-0) wins by forfeit (Augsburg 35-8)
116 - Abby Nelson (UWSP) pinned Bel Snyder (Augsburg) 3:29
170 - Jessika Rottier (UWSP) pinned Faith Tuttle (Augsburg) 2:06