InterMat Job Board
Assistant Wrestling Coach - Franklin & Marshall College, Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Franklin & Marshall, founded in 1787, is a highly selective, nationally ranked, liberal arts college known for faculty accessibility and faculty-student research. The campus is located in Lancaster, Pennsylvania, a vital, historic city with easy access to Philadelphia, Baltimore, New York City, and Washington, DC.
We are currently recruiting for a full-time Assistant Wrestling Coach responsible for effectively administering the sports program and providing leadership to student athletes.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Providing instruction, mentoring and guidance to student athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential.
* Maintaining positive and professional relations with students, athletes, alumni, the media and Franklin & Marshall sports fans.
* Assisting the Head Coach in evaluating athletic ability and performance.
* Providing assistance in scheduling.
* Assuring that equipment and practice plans are prepared in advance of practice sessions.
* Assisting in making travel, meal and lodging arrangements for team members during "away" matches.
* Some recruiting responsibilities may be required periodically including identifying promising student athletes, and initiating and maintaining contact with them.
Regular attendance at matches, practices and meetings is required.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred); at least 3 years previous coaching and/or wrestling experience preferably at the college level; knowledge of NCAA regulations; superior verbal and written communication; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in team relationships with diverse students, faculty, staff, alumni, public and the media; demonstrated commitment to all facets of student athlete welfare including academic success; genuine commitment to gender equity and equal opportunity in the athletics and recreation programs and an understanding of the profile of a highly selective liberal arts college.
Availability must include Monday through Friday from 8:30-4:30 pm and for games/practices that would take place during evening and weekend hours. Because coaches are required to drive for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver's license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs.
Please visit our website at www.fandm.edu/jobs. This position can be found under Professional Staff Openings.
Follow Franklin & Marshall College job postings on Twitter at http://twitter.com/fandmcareers!