InterMat Job Board
Graduate Assistant, Wrestling
REPORTS TO: HEAD COACH, WRESTLING
STATUS: PART-TIME, EXEMPT
Lake Erie College, located in Painesville, OH, invites applications for the position of graduate assistant, wrestling. Lake Erie College is an NCAA II program that currently competes in the Great Lakes Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (GLIAC). The graduate assistant is responsible for duties as assigned by the head coach, wrestling and will manage a secondary responsibility as defined. This is a 10-month appointment, each year, for two consecutive years.
• Acts as a visible person to represent the College in a positive manner and to heighten the awareness of the institution to all of its constituents.
• Assists in coaching all aspects of the program including: one-on-one training, weight training and practice planning.
• Scouts, evaluates and coordinates mailings and databases with potential recruits. Conducts weekly recruiting calls to all potential recruits.
• Conducts off-campus evaluations of high school wrestlers upon completion of NCAA recruiting test.
• Works closely with the head coach on team promotions, camps, running tournaments, fundraising events and social media management.
• Follows all institutional and NCAA regulations regarding recruiting and operations of the program.
• Handles laundry as prescribed by head coach.
• Assists with athletes’ study hall coverage and coordination.
• Assists will all match setups and operations.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in physical education, sports management or related field preferred.
• Acceptance into a Lake Erie College graduate program.
• Knowledge of intercollegiate athletics, rules and regulations of athletic associations and conferences.
• Knowledge and skill in using integrated software systems and Microsoft applications.
Qualified applicants will have the availability to work evenings and weekends, possess a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record for transportation of team in vans or bus and the ability to travel for team practices, competition and scouting.
Qualified candidates should submit a letter of interest, resume and three professional references to: email@example.com (preferred method for applications) or Graduate Assistant, Wrestling Search, Lake Erie College, 391 W. Washington St., LEC Box 358, Painesville, OH 44077. Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled. Subject to a criminal background check prior to employment. EOE