InterMat Job Board
Assistant Wrestling Coach
Davidson College seeks applications for an Assistant Wrestling Coach to assist the Head Coach in all aspects of the wrestling program, including recruiting, coaching, staff supervision, program maintenance, fundraising, on hand training with athletes in practice, and camp organization.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS INCLUDE:
• Assist in planning and running practice, help the student athlete prepare for the challenges that are in front of them
• Participate in comprehensive recruiting activities; coordinate efforts with admissions office to establish academic eligibility and arrange meetings between prospects and college officials; recommend individuals for scholarships
• Required to do closing duty of Baker Sports Complex a few times a semester
• Organization of trips and other administrative duties; Assist administrative staff in fundraising efforts, as appropriate
• Breakdown of video analysis will be required
• Represent The Davidson Athletic Department at professional, civic, charity and alumni events
• Ensure compliance with NCAA, Conference, and College rules and regulations
• May also be asked to assist athletic department in roles such as facilities management
WORKING CONDITIONS: Wide variety of working conditions including indoor and outdoor environments.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS: Bachelor's Degree and at least 1 to 3 years of college coaching experience, strong academic background, good organizational and supervisory skills, ability to relate to students in a leadership role, and good people skills required.
TO APPLY: Please visit http://jobs.davidson.edu. Only online applications will be accepted.