Administrative Asst/Office Mgr
Administrative Assistant/Office Manager
Beat the Streets Wrestling, Inc. seeks a capable and energetic Administrative Assistant who will provide comprehensive administrative support to members of the Organization’s staff, including senior leadership. S/he must be able to interact effectively with colleagues to execute a wide variety of administrative functions. The Administrative Assistant will be a critical member of the Organization’s small team and s/he must demonstrate independence and initiative as well as discretion and sound judgment to maintain confidential information.
Headquartered in New York City (Soho), Beat the Streets Wrestling, Inc. is dedicated to expanding the sport of wrestling among middle school and high school athletic programs and supporting the efforts of coaches to raise the bar for the sport at the for student athletes.
Primary Responsibilities include:
• Organize daily activities for the Organization’s staff, including scheduling appointments, meetings, conferences, and other engagements based on an understanding of their commitments and priorities.
• Keep the office organized and operating effectively and efficiently; set up systems to support same; maintain accurate and current electronic and paper files.
• Support the work of the COO by assisting with financial, human resource, internal technology and office administration as necessary.
• Produce professional looking, accurate, and complete documents generated or required by staff members in a timely manner, using Microsoft Office and other programs. Create and develop visual presentations as needed.
• Efficiently and courteously answer and manage phone calls, placing calls as requested. Take messages and/or field questions for the staff.
• Produce financial reports as needed, including, but not limited to, accounts payable, receivable and payroll processing.
• Make travel arrangements for the staff and process travel and other expenses.
• Review mail and route to appropriate Organization staff.
• Support grants management process as necessary, including electronic and hard copy record management.
• Prepare staff members for meetings; create agendas and compile reference material and concise background information.
• Conduct, synthesize and report on basic research as required by the staff.
• Prepare and submit program related requests, subscriptions, reimbursements/expense reports and other related internal documentation.
• Navigate and retrieve information from Organization’s information system.
• Manage all office orders and arrange logistics of Board meetings.
• Facilitate internal and external Organization events.
• Manage special projects and other duties as assigned.
• Handle confidential and non-routine information appropriately.
• Experience or more in an administrative position required, with some exposure to the philanthropic or nonprofit sector preferred.
• Extremely organized with high attention to detail in composing, typing, and proofing materials.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Ability to plan ahead and work within deadlines.
• Ability to multi-task, prioritize and follow-through to effectively manage work flow and continuously improve the efficiency of the office.
• Good interpersonal skills with the ability to support collegiality in a small office.
• Ability to be productive when working independently and as a member of a team.
• Ability to use discretion in maintaining confidentiality of sensitive materials and issues.
• High level of flexibility and responsiveness.
• Excellent computer skills, particularly with Microsoft Office and Google products.
• Positive attitude, sense of humor, and a commitment to being part of an energetic and enjoyable work environment.
Please e-mail resume with salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org