Part Time Asst Coach - Coast Guard Academy
As the smallest of the five U.S. service academies, the Coast Guard Academy offers the prestigious higher education, rigorous professional development and honor and tradition of a military academy, but with a more personalized approach. The Coast Guard Academy offers an integrated life experience which emphasizes leadership, character, academics and physical fitness in order to graduate the very best Coast Guard officers. Graduates go directly to positions of leadership in U.S. Coast Guard, one of the best and most admired organizations in the world. The Academy also features an impressive teacher-student ratio and picturesque waterfront campus that instills a traditional small college feel.
We are currently recruiting for a part-time Assistant Wrestling Coach responsible for executing the sports program and providing leadership to student athletes.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Providing instruction, mentoring and guidance to student athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential.
* Maintaining positive and professional relations with students, athletes, alumni, the media and CGA sports fans.
* Assisting the Head Coach in evaluating athletic ability and performance.
* Providing assistance in scheduling.
* Assuring that equipment and practice plans are prepared in advance of practice sessions.
* Some recruiting responsibilities may be required periodically including identifying promising student athletes, and initiating and maintaining contact with them.
Regular attendance at matches, practices and meetings is required.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree (Master's preferred); at least 3 years previous coaching and/or wrestling experience preferably at the college level; knowledge of NCAA regulations; superior verbal and written communication; strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in team relationships with diverse students, faculty, staff, alumni, public and the media; demonstrated commitment to all facets of student athlete welfare including academic success; genuine commitment to gender equity and equal opportunity in the athletics and recreation programs and an understanding of the profile of a highly selective military service academy.
Availability must include Monday through Friday from 4-6:30 pm and for games/practices that would take place during evening and weekend hours.
Email work resume and wrestling resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.