InterMat Job Board
Head Wrestling Coach
Full-time, year-round position responsible organizing and supervising all phases of a Division I intercollegiate wrestling program and fulfill other duties as assigned.
Primary responsibilities will include:
* Providing effective leadership for, and day-to-day management of the wrestling program.
* Providing instruction, mentoring, coaching, evaluation of, and guidance to student-athletes to allow them to develop their athletic skills and abilities to maximum potential.
* Implementing and maintaining a standard of performance consistent with the College's goals of academic and athletic excellence. Promoting academic achievement among athletes.
* Developing and implementing effective practice and match strategies as well as scheduling and organizing matches.
* Communicating schedules to athletes and department personnel as required.
* Conducting programs within the guidelines of the NCAA and EIWA. Establishing and monitoring effective procedures to assure fellow coaches and athletes abide by such requirements.
* Working with Admission staff to develop and implement recruiting strategies and programs to identify and attract promising student-athletes; maintaining contact with promising athletes and providing prompt follow-up to inquiries from potential athletes.
* Managing the wrestling program within budgetary guidelines.
* Maintaining positive and professional relations with students, athletes, alumni, the media and Franklin & Marshall sports fans.
Minimum qualifications include a Bachelor's degree, (Master's preferred); a minimum of three years coaching experience; strong organizational, administrative and communication skills; and knowledge of NCAA regulations. Must possess current CPR and First Aid training.
Because the Head Coach is required to drive for College business, the successful candidate must possess a U.S. or Canadian driver's license which has been valid for at least two years, have a driving record that is free from excessive motor vehicle violations within the last three years, and have had no convictions in the last 24 months for driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs. The Head Coach must continue to adhere to Franklin & Marshall College's Vehicle Safety Policy.
Please visit www.fandm.edu/jobs to apply. This position can be found under Staff Opportunities.