InterMat Job Board
Assistant Wrestling Coach - VMI
VMI is accepting applications for an Assistant Wrestling Coach for the 2019-20 academic year. This is an outstanding opportunity to advance in the Wrestling coaching and administration field. Duties include all aspects of running the wrestling program, including recruiting, coaching, organization and planning of team travel, program maintenance, on hand training with athletes in practice.
Essential Functions consist of the following:
• Recruitment of quality cadet athletes; in that regard, participate in comprehensive recruiting activities; coordinate efforts with admissions office to establish academic eligibility and arrange meetings between prospects and college officials; recommend individuals for scholarships.
• Assists in planning and running practice, as well as the formulation and implementation of pre-and post-season conditioning programs.
• Assists in the coaching and individual skill development of wrestlers.
• Organizes, plans and executes team travel.
• Breakdowns video analysis and evaluation of cadet athlete performance.
• Assist the head coach in the daily responsibilities necessary to run a successful Division one Wrestling program.
• Must know and comply with all NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
• Provides leadership and instruction in terms of the personal and athletic development of cadet athletes at VMI.
• Ensures compliance with NCAA, Conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and Collegiate wrestling experience. Strong academic background, good organizational and supervisory skills, ability to relate to students in a leadership role, and good people skills required. Applicants must possess the ability to recruit in high schools, primarily in Virginia and the surrounding states. The Candidate must have demonstrated knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations.
Work consists of approx. 30 hours per week, Evenings and weekends are required.
Anticipated employment begins 12 August, 2019 – 12 June, 2020
Candidates must apply on-line at: http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/152569
For more information contact Head Coach, Jim Gibson. (email@example.com)