InterMat Job Board
Lincoln College- Assistant Coach
Responsibilities include but are not limited to recruiting, helping with in-season and out of season skill development, aiding with the planning of practices, helping with the retention of student/athletes and to the overall success of the program.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Be responsible for knowing and following appropriate policies and guidelines of NAIA and Lincoln College Athletic Department in all areas, including:
a. Assisting with recruitment of quality student athletes
b. Assisting with the organization of all team and individual workouts.
c. Pre-participatory physicals for each participant
d. Assisting with game schedules (including recognition nights)
e. Assisting with evaluation of athletes’ academic progress and eligibility
f. Monitoring of student injuries and rehabilitation
g. Maintenance and security of team equipment, supplies, and uniforms
2. General administrative duties related to the team functioning, including:
a. Travel itinerary preparation
b. Injury, recruiting, and statistics reports
c. Any necessary forms for student athletes (eligibility, letter awards, etc.)
d. Class excuses for team travel
e. Study Hall and Academic Programs for athletes
f. Team meal plan implementation
g. Assistance with media relations for the team
h. Athletic fundraising
i. Assistance with camps and clinics
3. Perform other duties as assigned.
Required Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree
2. The ability to establish a good rapport and effective working relationships with student-athletes, parents, administrators, faculty, staff and the community.
3. Proven recruiting skills; success recruiting high level student-athletes.
4. Strong coaching background.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
1. Knowledge of NAIA rules and regulations.
2. CPR and AED Certification required.
3. Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
1. Master's degree
This position operates in a professional office and gymnasium environment and routinely uses standard office computers, physical education equipment and weight training apparatus.
Physical demands include standing for sustained periods of time, walking, reaching, talking, and hearing.
If you are interested in applying for this possition please reach out to Coach Bakley at email@example.com