InterMat Job Board
Assistant Coach, Wrestling (full-time)
1900 Selwyn Ave, Charlotte, NC 28274, USA
Apply at queens.edu
Summary: Queens University of Charlotte, an NCAA Division II affiliate, is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Assistant Coach, Wrestling. This full-time position reports to the Head Coach, Wrestling. This position is exempt from provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA) and is not eligible to earn overtime pay or compensatory time off for additional hours worked.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include:
• Adhere to the highest standards of student-athlete welfare
• Assist head coach in developing coaching techniques, overall team and individual player strategies
• Assist student athletes with individual performance and provide leadership/direction for improvements
• Adhere to all NCAA rules and regulations for the sport
• Coordinate activities for home and away matches including travel plan, inventory or equipment, etc.
• Assist with recruiting and scouting within NCAA regulations and Queens’ academic admissions standards, including: develop database, call potential recruits, plan and organize recruiting trips, and accurately and timely complete all paperwork associated with those efforts
• Oversee student athlete weight room training, in coordination with Strength & Conditioning coaches
• Provide informal support to student athletes in academic and personal matters
• This position is considered a Responsible Employee for purposes of the university’s Sexual Misconduct Policy. As such, this position is required to report any incident of sexual misconduct or interpersonal violence to the university’s Title IX Coordinator when made aware of such.
• Support staff in event operations on a regular basis
• Participate in fundraising and public relations activities
• Participate in summer sport camps
• Must be able and willing to regularly work early mornings, evenings and weekends to achieve objectives of the position.
• Other duties and special projects may be assigned to meet department or university goals
Experience, Knowledge and Skills Required
• Collegiate Wrestling and/or Olympic-style coaching experience and ability to transfer the knowledge and skills gained to student athletes
• Successful, proven experience with recruiting and scouting
• Knowledge of conference and NCAA rules and regulations
• Strong written and oral communication, interpersonal and leadership skills
• Proven track record of consistently modeling positive behaviors at all times
• Strong follow‐up and follow‐through skills as well as ability to plan, organize and control projects through to completion
• Proven ability to handle and maintain confidential information; familiarity with FERPA a plus
• Valid, unrestricted U.S. driver’s license, or ability to attain same by hire date
• Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in experience and education
• Diverse candidates are STRONGLY encouraged to apply
Physical Requirements (with or without reasonable accommodation)
• Visual Abilities: Read reports, create presentations and use a computer system – 75-100% of the time
• Hearing: Hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, vendors and students – 75-100% of the time.
• Dexterity, Grasping, Feeling: Write, type and use the telephone, copier, and computer systems – 75-100% of the time
• Mobility: Open files and operate office machines; move between departments and attend meetings across campus – 75-100% of the time
• Talking: Frequently convey detailed or important instructions and ideas accurately, loudly, or quickly – 75-100% of the time
• Lifting, Pulling, Pushing: Exert up to 30 pounds for force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects – 50-74% of the time.
• Cognitive/Emotional: Ability to critically think and concentrate. Must be able to respond quickly to changes in conditions – 75-100% of the time.
• Work in athletics facilities and office environments, involving contact with students, faculty, staff, parents, service providers and vendors
• Work has deadlines, interruptions, and may be stressful at times
• Work regularly involves early morning, evening and weekend hours and travel for competition and recruiting
The above description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of this positions, nor are they intended to be such a listing of the skills and abilities required to do the job. Rather, they are intended to describe the general nature of this position.
The position will be removed from the website once an offer is extended and accepted, or when a sufficient candidate pool is identified. Only candidates who best match requirements of job will be contacted. Due to limited staff resources, phone calls cannot be accepted or returned.
Queens offers comprehensive benefits to eligible employees, including: medical, dental and vision insurance, domestic partner benefits, defined contribution (matching) and supplemental 403(b) retirement plans, vacation and generous paid holidays, tuition remission and tuition exchange, Queens-paid life insurance, supplemental life insurance, dependent life insurance, accidental death and dismemberment insurance, flexible spending accounts (medical, dependent care, Health Savings Account), sick leave and long-term disability leave, paid parental leave, FMLA leave when eligible, reduced cost meals at Morrison Dining Hall, employee assistance program (EAP), wellness programs. In addition, employees may choose benefits such as pet insurance, critical care insurance and legal assistance.
Queens University of Charlotte is a private, co-educational, Presbyterian-affiliated comprehensive university located in the heart of Myers Park in Charlotte, NC, and is consistently ranked in the top tier of Southern Regional Masters Universities. The university has over 2,200 undergraduate and graduate students in programs offered six colleges/schools. Additional information about may be found at www.queens.edu.
Queens values campus diversity and demonstrates this in campus initiatives; we particularly encourage members of historically under-represented groups to apply.
Queens University of Charlotte is an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to supporting and celebrating all forms of diversity. Queens does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, gender, sex (including pregnancy, child birth and conditions related to pregnancy or child birth), gender orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, national origin, disability, political beliefs, veteran status, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law in the administration of its educational and admissions policies, scholarship and loan programs, athletic programs, employment and hiring policies, or other university-administered programs. Any applicant for employment who needs any reasonable accommodation under the Americans with Disabilities Act should contact the Director of Human Resources at 704.337.2297.