Graduate Assistant - Wrestling
TITLE: Graduate Assistant Wrestling Coach
REPORTS TO: Head Wrestling Coach
HOURS OF WORK: As identified in the most recent revisions of the Personnel Policy Guide or as determined by immediate supervisor.
Under the direct supervision of the head wrestling coach to serve as a recruiting, coaching and administrative assistant in the wrestling program.
The graduate assistant must possess strong communication and leadership skill and be able to perform multiple tasks effectively on a consistent basis. Graduate assistant must be willing to learn about the recruiting, coaching and administrative functions of the athletic department, perform them, and must be able to adjust to ever-changing needs of the program.
1. Assist in all aspects of the wrestling program within the rules, guidelines and principles of the NCAA, CCIW, North Central College and the wrestling program.
2. Assist in recruiting as directed by head wrestling coach.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
1. Attend wrestling matches and meet with coaches during the year.
2. Maintain regular contacts with prospective student athletes via phone, mail and e-mail.
3. Update recruit database on a consistent basis.
4. Assist with all North Central College admission and wrestling visit days.
3. Drilling and wrestling effectively in live practice situations with team members as well as on-mat coaching and competition preparation including but not limited to scouting and match/wrestler analysis.
1. Attend North Central College wrestling events.
2. Attend wrestling/strength conditioning practices.
3. Assist with equipment inventory and other wrestling equipment organizational needs.
4. Assist in game day management and travel plans.
5. Actively encourage leadership and scholarship among student-athletes. Monitor the academic progress of athletes as assigned by the head coach. Organize team study table or other academic support services in conjunction with other staff members.
6. Work regular office hours.
7. Other duties as assigned by head wrestling coach.
1. Assist in recruit mailings and mass e-mails.
2. Van and minibus certification required. Serve as a driver for assigned away competition.
3. Assist in coaching clinics and other community and/or fundraising events.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
Individuals must possess the knowledge, skills and abilities described below or to be able to explain and demonstrate that the individual can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of skills and abilities.
1. Excel spreadsheet and word documents.
2. Van and minibus certification.
3. Effective written and communication skills.
1. Education: Completed undergraduate degree at four-year institution
2. Experience: Competitive collegiate wrestling experience; ability to instruct, demonstrate and provide feedback.
3. License: Valid driver’s license
1. Graduate school tuition waiver
2. Annual salary of $2,000
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter, resume and at least three (3) professional references to Kevin Bratland at firstname.lastname@example.org