InterMat Job Board
VMI Assistant Wrestling Coach - Full-time
Virginia Military Institute is accepting applications for the position of Assistant Wrestling Coach. Duties include all aspects of the wrestling program, including recruiting, coaching, organization and planning of team travel, program maintenance, fundraising, on hand training with athletes in practice, and wrestling meet set up/organization.
• Recruitment of quality cadet athletes; in that regard, participate in comprehensive recruiting activities; coordinate efforts with admissions office to establish academic eligibility and arrange meetings between prospects and college officials; recommend individuals for scholarships.
• Assist in planning and running practice, as well as the formulation and implementation of pre-and post-season conditioning programs
• Organize, plan and execute team travel
• Assist in wrestling meet set up; may also be asked to assist athletic department in roles such as facilities management and large event operations
• Breakdown video analysis of cadet athlete performance
• Assist the head coach in the daily responsibilities necessary to run a successful Division one Wrestling program
• Know and comply with all NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations
• Provide leadership and instruction in terms of the personal and athletic development of cadet athletes at VMI
• Assist administrative staff in fundraising efforts, as appropriate
• Represent the VMI Athletic Department at professional, civic, charity and alumni events
• Ensure compliance with NCAA, Conference, and Institute rules and regulations
• The ideal candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree and Collegiate wrestling experience.
• Strong academic background
• Good organizational and supervisory skills
• Ability to relate to students in a leadership role, and good people skills required
• Applicants must possess the ability to recruit in high schools, primarily in Virginia and the surrounding states.
• Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to comply with NCAA, conference, and Institute rules and regulations
• College coaching experience preferred.
Salary commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Criminal background check required for selected candidate.
Candidates must apply on-line at http://virginiajobs.peopleadmin.com/postings/107176
Please include resume, cover letter, official transcripts, and the names and contact information for three professional references.
Applications accepted until the position is filled.
In a continuing effort to enrich its academic environment and provide equal educational and employment opportunities, VMI encourages women, minorities, and veterans to apply. AmeriCorps, Peace Corps and other national service alumni are also encouraged to apply.