InterMat Job Board
The Athletic Department at Southeastern University seeks qualified individuals to fill the Graduate Assistant Wrestling position. The Graduate Assistant will assist the Head Wrestling Coach in all aspects of the program.
The responsibilities include managing all aspects of the wrestling program, including coaching, budgeting, fundraising, camps, and recruiting, while focusing on the athletic department’s philosophy of developing athletes academically, physically, and spiritually. Southeastern University competes in the NAIA and is a member of The Mid-South Conference. It is located in Lakeland, Florida which is 50 miles South of Orlando and 35 miles East of Tampa.
The successful candidate will exhibit a mature personal relationship with Christ and the ability to disciple and mentor the men under their supervision.
Southeastern University is a Christian liberal arts university affiliated with the Assemblies of God. Candidates must be compatible with the institution’s Christian mission and purpose. Women, minorities and persons with disability are encouraged to apply.
Job Duties & Responsibilities:
• Represent Southeastern University and the Department of Athletics in a positive manner
• Practice and game preparation and coaching
• Day-to-day office administration
• Recruiting and scouting
• Assist in all fundraising activities, particularly those associated with camps and clinics
• Bachelor’s degree
• Wrestling experience at the collegiate level
• The ability to communicate effectively
• Must be enrolled and maintain satisfactory progress in a graduate degree program at Southeastern University
• The ability to practice daily is preferred
• Interest in possibly coaching as a vocation upon graduation
Send cover letter, resume, three professional references and three personal references to Head Wrestling Coach Javier Maldonado at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Coach Maldonado via email or call him at 863-667-5359.
Southeastern University offers a competitive stipend for the Graduate Assistant position as well as graduate tuition and a meal plan. For more information on our graduate programs click here: https://www.seu.edu/admission/graduate/?stud_type=graduate.
Start Date: August 2018