InterMat Job Board
Part-time Assistant Wrestling Coach
American International College is a private, coeducational institution of higher education located on a 70+ acre campus in Springfield, Massachusetts. The campus has 42 buildings on two sites approximately 1/2 mile apart with a total of approximately 660,000 gross square feet. Included in the inventory of buildings are student residences for a resident population of 900 students. Founded in 1885, the College has 3700 graduate and undergraduate students. AIC offers a variety of undergraduate and graduate programs through the Schools of Business, Arts and Sciences; Health Sciences; and Education. The mission of the College is to transform student lives through career focused learning, with a strong foundation in the liberal arts, a commitment to serving the community, and a high level of involvement in the global economy.
* Teaching and player development
* Assisting head coach with practice planning, and game strategy
* Monitoring student athletes’ academic progress
* Administrative duties assigned by the head coach
* Required Degree(s): Bachelor's degree
* Required Field of Expertise: Deep knowledge of wrestling and wrestling recruiting
* Required Training/Cert: Pass NCAA compliance test with 90 days of employment
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* Ability to work with culturally diverse populations
* Knowledge and ability of video editing software
* Knowledge of recruiting methodology
* Ability to work flexible hours, including nights, weekends, and holidays
This is a part-time, non benefited position. The hours are flexible to the needs of the department and include evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Qualified applicants should save and submit a brief cover letter, current resume, and contact information for three professional references (one of which must be a current or prior supervisor) as one document. Upload the saved document into the online application found at: https://w2.aic.edu/static/jobs/part-time-assistant-wrestling-coach-id-587.html
Please note: The salary for this position is a modest stipend.
AIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer.