InterMat Job Board
Assistant Wrestling Coaches (2) - Quaker Valley - Pittsburgh, PA
Quaker Valley School District is seeking two (2) motivated, committed, and organized Assistant Wrestling coaches to be a part of the junior high and varsity wrestling coaching staff for the 2017-2018 season. Quaker Valley Wrestling enters its second season of competition with more than 80 wrestlers (i.e.,youth, jr. high, and varsity teams) involved with the program. In the 2016-2017 season, Q.V. wrestlers made great strides on the mats (i.e., Five W.P.I.A.L Qualifiers in AA, 1st State Place-winner - 6th place, and two PA National Team members - Cadet & Junior Division). In addition to these accomplishments, Quaker Valley Wrestling has a renovated wrestling facility, experienced athletes, an engaged parent group, and a supportive booster club; Quaker Valley Wrestling is quickly becoming one of the fastest growing programs in Western Pennsylvania.
Coaching candidates are desired to have successful high school and/or collegiate level coaching experience, and/or related successful experiences in educational leadership. Candidates should have strong interpersonal and organizational skills, and technical knowledge of the sport.
Additional qualifications include:
- PA Child Abuse Clearance, PA State Police Clearance, and FBI Background Check.
- Candidates with USA Wrestling Coaches Certification are preferred but not required.
- To work cooperatively with the head wrestling coach in order to operate a well-structured program.
- To instruct and train athletes in the fundamentals of the sport of wrestling; execute wrestling-specific and strength and conditioning drills.
- To attend all staff meetings prescribed by the head wrestling coach during the season.
- To carry out specific duties designated by the head wrestling coach.
- To recommend suggested disciplinary actions regarding players violating training rules and procedures.
- To foster among the athletes the pursuit of excellence in academics and athletics and to instill the team’s core values (e.g. work ethic, discipline, perseverance, teamwork, integrity, and leadership).
- To participate in off-season training and competitions (i.e. USA Wrestling Freestyle & Greco-Roman competitions).
- To perform other duties related to the position of assistant athletic coach as requested by the athletic director and/or head wrestling coach.
The Assistant Coach will advise, coordinate, and support the participants for the High School teams, according to expectations of the Activities Director and the Head Wrestling Coach.
Quaker Valley School District Athletic Director and the Head Wrestling coach, who will provide overall job objectives and performance reviews.
*Check QVSD website for potential teaching opportunities: https://quakervalley.tedk12.com/hire/index.aspx
Interested applicants can email a letter of interest and resume to Head Wrestling Coach Brian Cook at Brianjcook31@gmail.com